Ordering Through T-Mobile

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI for anyone planning on ordering through T-Mobile...

I signed up for pre-registration to be alerted when the N5 went on sale. I haven't yet received an e-mail but the website is allowing you to purchase the device. $41.99 up front plus 24x$17. It is only showing as available in black and it is currently "back ordered" and expected to ship within 5 days. If you want it in your hands as quickly as possible and are going the T-Mobile route, you may want to wait until the 20th and purchase in the store.

Just got an update that expected delivery is 11/29

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI for anyone planning on ordering through T-Mobile...

I signed up for pre-registration to be alerted when the N5 went on sale. I haven't yet received an e-mail but the website is allowing you to purchase the device. $41.99 up front plus 24x$17. It is only showing as available in black and it is currently "back ordered" and expected to ship within 5 days. If you want it in your hands as quickly as possible and are going the T-Mobile route, you may want to wait until the 20th and purchase in the store.

Just got an update that expected delivery is 11/29
Good to know - thanks for sharing!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
That is the 16 GB model and is a $100 premium over the Google store. Not really sure that makes financial sense. Most credit cards carry a lower interest rate..................

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
True, but it's really not that bad, especially for people who don't have the up-front cash to buy from the Play Store. I imagine a lot of people will be willing to eat that 29% markup over 2 years, especially with such a relatively low down payment. Keep in mind too that most phones, when first released, are at least $99 down.

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
True, but it's really not that bad, especially for people who don't have the up-front cash to buy from the Play Store. I imagine a lot of people will be willing to eat that 29% markup over 2 years, especially with such a relatively low down payment. Keep in mind too that most phones, when first released, are at least $99 down.

Exactly! Advantages of buying through T-Mob easily cover the added $100. I almost paid $425 to local CL seller for a Black 16GB, because ordering on Goggle Play and waiting 4-5 weeks would drive me nuts, I'm too impatient. This is the fastest way to get it with warranty and returns.

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I just did normal shipping and its headed to Green Bay anyway while I'm in Chicago. Gotta love the lower taxes!

Posted via Android Central App

Tovalmorgan

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
hmm Im not really sure how to order this thing...

I currently have a note 2 that's paid off on the EIP. here is what I see when I go to upgrade phone thru the my.t-mobile site
zs2q.png

but here is thru the regular tmobile site
tczh.png

Im not really sure why there is such a huge difference in pricing....

mrcwa

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
As of today, T-Mobile is offering the Nexus 5 for $41.99 down plus 25% Off Accessories. The promo code is NEX25ACC through 12/15.

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

I currently have a note 2 that's paid off on the EIP. here is what I see when I go to upgrade phone thru the my.t-mobile site
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5885/zs2q.png

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9562/tczh.png

The price you see through my-t.mobile is what you'd have to pay to get it on EIP. That's based on your credit worthiness.
Only well qualified buyers get the lowest down payment.
Although there are several factors that affect your down payment along with your credit. Such as how many lines you have on the account and how long you've been a T-Mobile post-paid customer.

Tovalmorgan

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
and how the **** would they know my credit score? I doubt they're doing a credit check on me every time I log into my.tmobile to look at a phone

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5885/zs2q.png

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9562/tczh.png

I tried ordering an ipad air on Tmo with EIP it showed 299 for the 128GB, but apparently since my SG4 is not paid off I had to pay almost 450 out the door. I was willing to pay it but Tmo credit card processing didn't work. Called then and they had me on the phone for an hour, then said I have to try 24 hours later. Sounded like BS to me so I got it thru apple direct. Been with Tmo over 15 years and this is the first time customer service just frustrated the hell out of me.

Tovalmorgan

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
so apparently the $41.99 down price is only for NEW CUSTOMERS.

i've been arguing with online chat help for the last half an hour about how they are ******* over existing customers by charging $200+ downpayment

ill probably post chat logs tomorrow

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

i've been arguing with online chat help for the last half an hour about how they are ******* over existing customers by charging $200+ downpayment

I'm an existing T-Mobile customer and I was able to order the Nexus 5 at $41.99.

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

If this is the case it saddens me. I am a Sprint customer now and they charge vastly different prices for phones when signing a new contract if you're a new customer vs an existing one looking to upgrade. As an example the Q10 was $100 for new customers but $200 for me to upgrade(which I never did, I'm too cheap =P). T-Mobile seems the most consumer friendly so I figured they wouldn't do stuff like this, I guess maybe I was wrong?

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If this is the case it saddens me. I am a Sprint customer now and they charge vastly different prices for phones when signing a new contract if you're a new customer vs an existing one looking to upgrade. As an example the Q10 was $100 for new customers but $200 for me to upgrade(which I never did, I'm too cheap =P). T-Mobile seems the most consumer friendly so I figured they wouldn't do stuff like this, I guess maybe I was wrong?

Per the responses above....not sure why this guy has to pay more but its not because he isn't a new customer

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995