i seem to remember that i could "Share" a Web Page Link from Chrome Browser on my G-Nex and send it to my choice of Gmail, Text, etc.

i just tried this with my Nexus 5 and it keeps pushing me to Google Keep. so it looks like it pushes me to Google Keep and then forces me to try to "Share" it from there in an extra series of steps. is that what you guys are seeing? is this new? if it is - i don't like it. i just want to be able to text or email and quick link DIRECTLY from Chrome. and don't want to do it through Google Keep. is there a setting to change this behavior back or is this how it is now? can someone please test this asap and let me know?

THANKS!
    11-14-2013 01:00 PM
    i seem to remember that i could "Share" a Web Page Link from Chrome Browser on my G-Nex and send it to my choice of Gmail, Text, etc.

i just tried this with my Nexus 5 and it keeps pushing me to Google Keep. so it looks like it pushes me to Google Keep and then forces me to try to "Share" it from there in an extra series of steps. is that what you guys are seeing? is this new? if it is - i don't like it. i just want to be able to text or email and quick link DIRECTLY from Chrome. and don't want to do it through Google Keep. is there a setting to change this behavior back or is this how it is now? can someone please test this asap and let me know?

THANKS!
    I've seen someone else with this issue. They were stuck sharing with Facebook messenger. They just uninstalled it and it went back to normal. But since you can't uninstall keep unless you're rooted, I'm not sure what you would do. I don't think it's supposed to be that way...

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2013 02:04 PM
    I've seen someone else with this issue. They were stuck sharing with Facebook messenger. They just uninstalled it and it went back to normal. But since you can't uninstall keep unless you're rooted, I'm not sure what you would do. I don't think it's supposed to be that way...

thanks for the reply. you got me thinking and helped me figure out the fix -

1. Settings-->Apps-->Menu-->Reset App Preferences
    2. Settings-->Apps-->Keep-->Clear Data/Cache

i'm not sure #2 was necessary but i did it for good measure.

i'm not sure how this "problem" happened making Keep the default Chrome "Share". i was a little disturbed at first because i thought Google was trying to shove a new paradigm and app (Keep) down my throat.

thanks again!
    11-14-2013 02:27 PM
    thanks for the reply. you got me thinking and helped me figure out the fix -

1. Settings-->Apps-->Menu-->Reset App Preferences
    2. Settings-->Apps-->Keep-->Clear Data/Cache

i'm not sure #2 was necessary but i did it for good measure.

i'm not sure how this "problem" happened making Keep the default Chrome "Share". i was a little disturbed at first because i thought Google was trying to shove a new paradigm and app (Keep) down my throat.

thanks again!
    Ah good to hear.

11-14-2013 02:49 PM