questions about videos taken via Attach Video in sms/hangouts...

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
- I noticed that videos I take via Attach Video in sms/hangouts are automatically uploaded to the auto upload area in google+. My N4 didn't do this. I don't mind it as it saves me a step of saving the video, but is this new behavior in Kit Kat?

- Although I can view the videos online in my plus.google.com/photos area, in the Gallery app just a black square appears as the thumbnail and no video can be viewed. In the Photos app there's a thumbnail from a moment in the video but no video can be viewed. (And QuickPic just displays "Load failed!"). Is this how this is supposed to work?

- While recording an Attach Video the other day I got a txt, causing the unit to vibrate. During each vibration the image got out of focus. I don't remember this ever happening on the Nexus 4. Are others finding that vibration messes up the focus? It does the same thing for regular video. Ideally there would be a setting along the lines of "Turn vibration off while recording video."

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
- I noticed that videos I take via Attach Video in sms/hangouts are automatically uploaded to the auto upload area in google+. My N4 didn't do this. I don't mind it as it saves me a step of saving the video, but is this new behavior in Kit Kat?

For that question i'm pretty sure you have auto upload turned on, I made sure to turn off all uploads to Google +

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
For that question i'm pretty sure you have auto upload turned on, I made sure to turn off all uploads to Google +

4.3 did not auto upload one's mms videos.

Additionally, I don't see a way to play the videos on the device outside of Hangouts (they are playable on a desktop though).

Last edited: