Removed Sim and installed new sim and now no radio

llllBULLSEYE

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
ok I think this is probably a common issue cause it happened to me and my friend.
So I removed my T-Mobile sim card from my S4 and installed it on my Nexus 5 and worked
right away. Then I switched the Sim back to my S4 and lost the phone that night smh.
went to T-mobile to get a New sim and it did not work on the Nexus 5 no network no matter
what apn settings I put or hard resets. I removed the Sim and put it on my friends Sony Z1
and got service right away then tried it on my friends S3 and service right away. Put the
sim back on my Nexus 5 and still no service.
Anyone please any idea I don't wanna return my phone to Google and wait forever with no phone.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did you power off the Nexus before inserting the SIM (alternately, did you reboot the Nexus after installing the SIM)?

I know for sure the Nexus 4 would not recognize a SIM until the phone was rebooted; I'm pretty sure the same applies to the Nexus 5.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Did you power off the Nexus before inserting the SIM (alternately, did you reboot the Nexus after installing the SIM)?

I know for sure the Nexus 4 would not recognize a SIM until the phone was rebooted; I'm pretty sure the same applies to the Nexus 5.

This. If you haven't already after you put the Sim in reboot the phone and see what happens.

Posted via Android Central App

llllBULLSEYE

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
yeah I power off and did a factory reset and a hard reset by holding volume down and power.
can anyone post a screen shot of their t-mobile apn settings please. I think I might have to put them manually

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
yeah I power off and did a factory reset and a hard reset by holding volume down and power.
can anyone post a screen shot of their t-mobile apn settings please. I think I might have to put them manually

I don't know T-Mobile settings. Probably a quick Google search will get them for you. Also you can ask the friend who got service with the Sony phone about their settings. Good luck.

llllBULLSEYE

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
ok solved The sim card I received is the new *Advanced ISIS ready micro sim which the Nexus 5 is not able to read for some reason.
I put my friends t-mobile regular micro sim and Nexus5 is working and also tried and AT&T and also work without doing anything.
so if anyone is getting a new sim card make sure its not the new one

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The Isis Mobile Wallet app looks like the issue since everyone wants to be your Wallet.

Which phones are compatible with Isis Mobile Wallet?

The Isis Mobile Wallet app can be installed on any Isis Ready? T-Mobile Android™ devices. Here’s the current list, and new phones are added all the time:

HTC One
LG Optimus F6
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G
Samsung Galaxy S2 (Requires latest device firmware update done with PC client)
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Light
Samsung Note 2
Samsung Note 3
Sony Xperia Z

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Hmm. This is odd. If the Nexus 5 can't read ISIS ready SIM cards, someone ought to make a bug report so Google can fix it through a software update.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. This is odd. If the Nexus 5 can't read ISIS ready SIM cards, someone ought to make a bug report so Google can fix it through a software update.

That is not a bug to Google. Google wants you to use Google Wallet.