Too Many Sharp Edges

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have had my Black 32 GB Nexus 5 for over a week I have found that there are too many sharp edges.
When you take into account the ceramic buttons, the ring around the camera, the rim around the edge of the screen, and the USB port it is difficult to hold it for long periods of time, especially in landscape mode, without feeling like the phone is cutting into your fingers.
I am fine with the camera, battery, and speaker but these sharp edges are making me not want to pick up the phone.
Other than this annoyance I love using the Nexus 5.
I may have to get a bumper case even though I like to use phones and tablets without cases.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have had my Black 32 GB Nexus 5 for over a week I have found that there are too many sharp edges.
When you take into account the ceramic buttons, the ring around the camera, the rim around the edge of the screen, and the USB port it is difficult to hold it for long periods of time, especially in landscape mode, without feeling like the phone is cutting into your fingers.
I am fine with the camera, battery, and speaker but these sharp edges are making me not want to pick up the phone.
Other than this annoyance I love using the Nexus 5.
I may have to get a bumper case even though I like to use phones and tablets without cases.

I have seen a couple other posts about the corners being rather sharp, so you aren't the only one.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have none of those issues and the phone is as light as a feather to hold even with just two fingers taking a picture. My N5 has no sharp edges. Then again I don't try to hold it with the ceramic buttons or the ring around the camera. Maybe get a case for the N5 or just get a smaller phone.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Golfdriver, there's other people having the same issue. I slapped a case in it right away, so I don't notice the sharp edges.

The only problem is the case it tight around the front, which is good for protection. But it often lifts the corners of the screen protector. Not a big deal for me though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
The edges are sharp because they are precision cut, and that's what gives the phone that premium look. But while sharp, the edges are nowhere near blade-like. They don't bother me while I'm holding the phone, regardless of orientation. But then my grip is pretty light.

Posted via Android Central App