Do major case companies support the Nexus devices?

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a Nexus 5 to possibly replace my HTC One GPE. In case shopping, I looked at all the major brands: Speck, Otterbox, Urban Armor Gear. I ended up ordering two SPIGEN cases because it seems like none of the major companies support the Nexus devices, with UAG (my favorite case brand) openly admitting on their Facebook that they have no plans to develop a case for the N5. I've never owned a Nexus device before. I've gone from iPhone to Samsung Note II, back to iPhone, to HTC One GPE. I've always had a phone with case support.

Is this typical of Nexus devices, or is it just because it's a new phone?

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I know Seidio will also be making cases for the N5 (i'll be picking up their Dilex case when they release it), but yeah it seems like most of the major cases makers are not producing cases for the N5 which sucks. I know Otterbox didn't make any cases for the N4, but with the N5 being available through carries so quickly this time I thought more case manufactures would be on board to make cases for it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is this typical of Nexus devices, or is it just because it's a new phone?

Volume.

There's "too much" choice on the Android side. The iPhone will always have more cases because it's cheaper. The only Android phones that could possibly get "iPhone-level" support are the GS3, GS4, Note 2, and Note 3.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One seems to have decent case support too. I'm currently rocking a white UAG case on my GPE version.

Not a deal breaker for me. The spigen case I ordered seems just fine for protecting my investment. Being a Nexus noob, I just wasn't sure if this was the norm. Would like to see some bigger case manufacturers support this phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
For high quality leather cases, I've bought from TETDED for my phones and tablets. Although they are not as well known, they make cases for most cell phones, including the Nexus 5. These cases are of similar quality to the those manufactured by Vaja, but they have a much better selection at a much lower price with free shipping. They're made using real, high-grade leather.

For the N5, they make a vertical flip cover, horizontal flip cover, and a back cover. For example, the back cover costs $38. Personally, I like the flip cover, which incorporates the sleep/wake function.

TETDED back cover for Nexus 5

Granted, this type of case is not for everyone, but with a glass screen protector it provides good protection and looks very nice.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Seidio sent me an email yesterday concerning cases for the Nexus 5. They are expected to release them by the end of the month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084