Hangouts MMS problem with iPhone

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Found what I think was a bug and was wondering if someone with a Nexus 5 and an iPhone could confirm. Take a picture with the Nexus 5 and send it as a MMS using Hangouts to the iPhone. Then with the iPhone, send two pictures in one MMS to the Nexus 5. When you attempt to open either of the two iPhone pictures on the Nexus 5 the screen will briefly show the picture you tapped on and then flicker and show the picture you had originally sent to the iPhone. This only occurs if the iPhone sends two pictures in one MMS, if the pictures are sent separately the problem doesn't occur.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Found what I think was a bug and was wondering if someone with a Nexus 5 and an iPhone could confirm. Take a picture with the Nexus 5 and send it as a MMS using Hangouts to the iPhone. Then with the iPhone, send two pictures in one MMS to the Nexus 5. When you attempt to open either of the two iPhone pictures on the Nexus 5 the screen will briefly show the picture you tapped on and then flicker and show the picture you had originally sent to the iPhone. This only occurs if the iPhone sends two pictures in one MMS, if the pictures are sent separately the problem doesn't occur.
This is a common issue, at least one that I have experienced in the past. I've always had that same issue when I receive multiple images in the same text. It plays like a media file (video) as opposed to allowing me the option to click on each photo. This might be a setting with the senders device (iPhone).

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is a common issue, at least one that I have experienced in the past. I've always had that same issue when I receive multiple images in the same text. It plays like a media file (video) as opposed to allowing me the option to click on each photo. This might be a setting with the senders device (iPhone).

They weren't describing just the showslide effect that happens when multiple images are sent in the same MMS. They were saying the last outgoing image sent on the N5 appears in the slideshow. At least that's how I read it.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No slideshow and no movie mode. You tap a picture in the multiple picture MMS and it briefly shows the correct picture full screen then it shows the previous single photo which could have been from days ago. Found it reported here (Nov 17 post): Google Groups, so it definitely is a bug. If I delete the single picture MMS, then the multiple picture MMS display correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463