HANGOUTS!!!

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I am damn frustrsted, how do you start a hangouts conversation with someone, not a sms conversation but an actual hangouts conversation???? cant seem to find any way to do this, has been frustrating as my friends have tried messaging me through hangouts app but has always sent through as sms. The contacts that I'm talking about also have the hangouts app we're trying to communicate via actual hangouts and not sms hangouts.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
yes I know this but how do I start a hangouts conversation with someone, anyone with hangouts that i click on doesnt show via hangouts, it always shows via sms

wx27

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
In your conversation, click on their name on the upper left corner. Then you will have a dropdown to select between Hangouts and SMS.

pranxx

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Do you have their gmail id? If so, the drop down option should allow you to select between phone number and gmail id. I dont think google will auto-populate it for you.

gwap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When you start typing a persons name it should come up if they have a Google + account. If your friend does not have g+ account I think you have to look at suggested people or put there email address to add them.

Posted via Android Central App

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Yup the easiest way is to just type in their gmail address. It took me an hour to figure this out haha. So im guessing either they dont have a g+ account or theyre account isnt properly connected to their number? I literally only have 1 close friend that has the option to 'sms' and 'hangout', and she has an iphone.

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
So yeah I'm dumb, i didn't have my other Google+ account on this phone (the replacement) and so the message's didn't get through, thanks to all of you for your help, and i told my friends the gmail address searching method and he found me(horayyyy!), which is still the weird part as as what is the official and supposed to be way of adding a hangout contact?

Posted via Android Central App