Allowing only phone calls and texts at night

Daren Courtenay

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
First post, so please be gentle. I have the nexus 5 and want to be able to set it up so that I am able to receive phone calls and text notifications only during the night. All other notifications to be silent. The problem I am encountering is that the default hangouts/SMS app is considered as a "media" notification and cannot be separated out from other apps such as gmail or Facebook. Preferably would like an app or one click solution to the problem as I lay the phone on the bedside table, plug it in to charge and drop off to sleep without having to go through multiple menus to activate, then reverse the process in the morning.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Sound Profiles has worked well for me https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ore/apps/details?id=Orion.Soft&token=owgHJWF7. It's relatively easy to set up, and I use their widget to flip between profiles. This has been a gripe of mine since I went to a Nexus, you can't separate the volumes. I need my ringer on at night, but want nothing else to notify me, so I can sleep. I had caved and ran ROM's to do this, but I actually like stock Android. This program is working great for my needs.

Daren Courtenay

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I've got sound profiles but it doesn't allow me to separate hangouts notifications (texts) from other apps. It still considers that as a 'media' noise.
I need text and phonecalls on at night for work.

Posted via Android Central App

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I've got sound profiles but it doesn't allow me to separate hangouts notifications (texts) from other apps. It still considers that as a 'media' noise.

Posted via Android Central App

Well phone calls and text come through cellular network, and everything else is data, so couldn't you just use one of those programs to turn off data at night?

Battleship

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You can mute media with Volume Butler and still have sound for calls and notifications. Unless you mean you want your media volume to be up and only want to mute Hangouts? Not sure how you'd go about doing that.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I installed this Do Not Disturb Mode App from the Play Store and it was so simple I didn't have to even read more than a minute of the instructions to set it up. Only downside is it is only a two week trial and then cost $2.50

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Try Battery Widget Reborn on Play store. It has night mode that can be configured as you want . Isn't free but also has battery saving tools. I found it well worth the price.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I installed this Do Not Disturb Mode App from the Play Store and it was so simple I didn't have to even read more than a minute of the instructions to set it up. Only downside is it is only a two week trial and then cost $2.50

Actually, it's a two week trial of the "pro" features. After two weeks, then you have to upgrade if you want the "pro" features.

I've been using "Do Not Disturb Mode" for about two weeks now and really like it. The developer isn't very responsive. I emailed him and never heard back from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad