Delay in Hangout and Email messages.

mightyjimmy

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The Hangout messages on my Nexus 5 are not constantly updating. I will be in a regular conversation then nothing for maybe 30 minutes. Then, messages from the past 30 minutes all pour in at once. I thought it was a Hangouts issue but I have noticed it at times with my GMail also.

I am using Straight Talk on AT&T's towers.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hangouts is easily "Hijacked" by your browser if you have it open. I have had similar problems that ended up being my open browser on my desk getting the messages. Do the messages show up when you open hangouts? If so, I would check your browser when this happens to make sure it isn't getting the messages.

Posted via Android Central App

Mistar Muffin

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. I don't think it happens on Wifi just on ST ATT LTE. I also did not experience this issue with my old ST ATT SIM that was HSPA+ only. Once I got the new SIM the issue presented. It's a completely different APN so maybe that has something to do with it. There are multiple threads on the ST forums about it. Here is one: https://www.straighttalkwirelessforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6792&t=1031291

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Same here on Sprint's LTE and on WiFi as well. Its driving me and all my friends nuts. Grrrrr (its happening to them too on Att)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been having this issue this morning. AT&T Sim on LTE. My messages all submit fine, so I know my data connection is solid. But I thought my buddies were ignoring me or busy and then suddenly 8-10 messages come in, but they were all intermingled with my comments like they were received by Hangouts, but just not published to my feed.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been having this issue this morning. AT&T Sim on LTE. My messages all submit fine, so I know my data connection is solid. But I thought my buddies were ignoring me or busy and then suddenly 8-10 messages come in, but they were all intermingled with my comments like they were received by Hangouts, but just not published to my feed.

Exactly this.

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am sitting next to my wife at home right now on Wi-Fi. I am logged out of Google on my laptop so that shouldn't be an issue. I am sending Hangout messages from her phone (N4) to mine (N5) and I am getting nothing. Her phone gets a notification/message right away after I send, but I am getting nothing from her.

Just tried a video call from her phone to mine...no ringing. I called her instead and it came right through.

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I am sitting next to my wife at home right now on Wi-Fi. I am logged out of Google on my laptop so that shouldn't be an issue. I am sending Hangout messages from her phone (N4) to mine (N5) and I am getting nothing. Her phone gets a notification/message right away after I send, but I am getting nothing from her.

Just tried a video call from her phone to mine...no ringing. I called her instead and it came right through.

And this is a bad thing?? ;)

mightyGuybrush

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I've had this issue with a different device (Droid 4), and resolved it by uninstalling and reinstalling Hangouts. Don't know if this will resolve for the Nexus 5, but may be worth a try.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had this issue with a different device (Droid 4), and resolved it by uninstalling and reinstalling Hangouts. Don't know if this will resolve for the Nexus 5, but may be worth a try.

I did try this on my Nexus 5 with no luck. First I just uninstalled updates, and then re-installed updates. Then I uninstalled Hangouts entirely and then re-downloaded it. I was having the same exact problem within minutes and am still having the issue. It's actually making Hangouts almost unusable and i'm even one who is using it for SMS so I have been very patient with it's shortcomings.

Silverz71

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Major delays in receiving texts and when I do usually a group comes in. Very frustrating.

maucer

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure if anyone is following this thread anymore, but I switched to StraightTalk about a month ago, and have been experiencing huge delays in my google voice notifications as well (among other things). I've tried several different apps to get this resolved, but none have worked for me... so I decided to write my own. It was published to the google play store this morning (Android 2.3+ currently). If anyone sees this, please try it out, and let me know what you think.

Always On Push Notifications

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt