Nexus 5, Straight Talk and Inability to Receive MMS

trade102

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
So after porting over my number from Sprint yesterday and trying a variety of APN settings I am still unable to receive MMS messaging on ST's network on the Nexus 5. LTE works beautifully, I can also send MMS messages however cannot receive them, which is a big issue in my job as pictures are sent back and forth daily. I have attached my current APN setup which is one of about 5 I have tried. I have also deleted all other APN's and restarted the phone before trying to receive MMS messages again on each APN variation. I am a new customer to Straight Talk and have a new ATT LTE micro sim card.

Attachments

• 2013-11-22(1).jpg
    2013-11-22(1).jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 2013-11-22(2).jpg
    2013-11-22(2).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 2013-11-22.jpg
    2013-11-22.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 52

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you just ported your number, wait a few more days. The switch over doesn't happen over night. Various Telco and carriers' database need to be refreshed to route the incoming calls and MMS etc.

kenbarnum

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I am using the wife's phone as a guinea pig and she is not so patient with no mms. Thanks for the tip!

If you just ported your number, wait a few more days. The switch over doesn't happen over night. Various Telco and carriers' database need to be refreshed to route the incoming calls and MMS etc.

Shubamz

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Are the settings you have posted in the screenshots the same settings that started working a few days later? I have all but given up on getting MMS people send to me and I have had it for 20 days now... ST says that my phone is just not compatible with getting MMS

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Are the settings you have posted in the screenshots the same settings that started working a few days later? I have all but given up on getting MMS people send to me and I have had it for 20 days now... ST says that my phone is just not compatible with getting MMS

MMS definitely works on the N5 with Straight Talk. I have 2 phones and a N4 all on Straight Talk and all send and receive MMS just fine. My proxy doesn't have the ...tracfone... in it, I use 66.209.11.33 and my Authentication Type has nothing set, but the rest is the same.

selwyndvr

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Ordering new SIM from Straight Talk and porting the line over to new SIM finally fixed the issue for me. I originally ported my Google Voice number to ST, then did a port to new ST SIM to fix the issue. Using default ST APN settings for my phone after port. (Nexus 5)

tonystewart

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5, Straight Talk and Inability to Receive MMS, Fixed Itself!

Good day
I authorized a NEXUS 5 Sunday, ATT Micro Sim from Straight Talk
I used the APN settings from the website, last Sunday without any luck receiving MMS messages
I tried every setting on XDA I could find without any receive MMS success
I ordered a new Sim from Straight talk Tuesday night 6 pm, should be arriving soon
Last night, about 8 pm, I received a confirmation from Straight Talk thanking me for my Auto Refill Signup
MMS receive started working right after that, go figure.
Guess I should have been more patient.

I am on the Straight Talk APN Settings, nothing different.

Ray K1

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
So after porting over my number from Sprint yesterday and trying a variety of APN settings I am still unable to receive MMS messaging on ST's network on the Nexus 5. LTE works beautifully, I can also send MMS messages however cannot receive them, which is a big issue in my job as pictures are sent back and forth daily. I have attached my current APN setup which is one of about 5 I have tried. I have also deleted all other APN's and restarted the phone before trying to receive MMS messages again on each APN variation. I am a new customer to Straight Talk and have a new ATT LTE micro sim card.