So my notification bar always tells me I have a new recent voicemail when in fact I have none. Ie, it shows the "tape" icon constantly and when I pull the menu down it tells me I have a recent voicemail in the last 30 minutes or whatever even though I haven't received a call nor do I actually have a VM?

It also constantly shows a "bbm" icon at the top and says "bbm connected" in the pull down menu as the notification.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    11-23-2013 07:59 PM
    The BBM thing is in the settings of that app. Idk about the VM thing. Did you try a reset? I don't get VM notifications at all, consider your self lucky

Posted via Android Central App
    11-23-2013 08:05 PM
    A lot of N5 users have reported this issue of the VM icon always showing in the notification bar. For me, on the first day of use it took several minutes for the icon to disappear after successfully checking and deleting the VM. But since then, the icon goes away almost as soon as I'm done checking the VM. Don't know if this matters, I installed the T-Mobile Visual Voice Mail app on the second day and have been using that since.
    11-23-2013 08:15 PM
    I'm using the device on Sprint and have had the voicemail notification stick for a while even though all messages had been deleted. A reboot didn't fix it either, which I thought it would. Eventually the notification went away.
    11-23-2013 09:43 PM
    I'm using the device on Sprint and have had the voicemail notification stick for a while even though all messages had been deleted. A reboot didn't fix it either, which I thought it would. Eventually the notification went away.
    Are you using a voicemail app? I'm using a nexus 5 on sprint and can't get a VM notification if I tried

Posted via Android Central App
    11-23-2013 10:31 PM
    Try having someone call you, let them leave a new voicemail so your notification will say "2 new" ones. Then, dial your voicemail to delete the message. The notification should disappear afterwards even though you only deleted one because the other was stuck. Sometimes this seems to work, other times, the notification pops up again later. Give it a try
    11-24-2013 12:30 AM