Gallery folders for Hangouts images

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
When you send a picture through hangouts, actual hangouts not sms, a folder is created in your gallery with these sent hangouts pictures and is uploaded to google+ automatically. Firstly how do i delete the hangouts folder in my gallery? cos i cant seem to find a way, and secondly how exactly do i stop the pictures from uploading to google+

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 5 - hangouts pictures

If you send it through hangouts it automatically is loaded on your g+ account. It's not a public folder so chill, only you can see it, just like your auto back ups. If you go in your g+ and delete all the photos it should automatically get rid of the folder

My Nexus 5 Rocks \m/

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 5 - hangouts pictures

Also if you simply don't want to SEE that folder when looking through your gallery, you can install the greatest gallery replacement ever: QuikPic. I've used it on every android device I've ever owned. It will let you show/hide folders, if you want.

stevenrford

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Wanted to delete a picture and this advise from krifor03 earlier in this conversation is spot on "If you send it through hangouts it automatically is loaded on your g+ account. It's not a public folder so chill, only you can see it, just like your auto back ups. If you go in your g+ and delete all the photos it should automatically get rid of the folder". Solved my initial issue and had a tidy up of my other photos while i was there....it's easy when you know how it's done...thanks for the advise. :)