Best SMS/MMS app for Nexus 5?

bradyesmith

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
With Hangouts being the default SMS/MMS app on the Nexus 5, I was wondering what other messenger apps were using instead of Hangouts and how are they working?

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hated Hangout. Tried 8sms and liked it then tried Textra for a few days that was ok. Then went back to 8sms since I like the person's picture next to their text that 8sms does.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
8sms and textra. Both lightweight and smooth. If you want something with more features and customization then handcent or gosms. I'm using 8sms now. I was previously using Facebook messenger until the last update that messed up the SMS feature.

Posted via Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I may be the only one who actually likes using Hangouts as my default SMS app. Using it on my Nexus 5 and actually made it the default on my Note 3 and Moto X as well. If I wasn't using it I'd probably go back to my "old faithful" Textra.

Rishi Bhatia

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I really like gosms but the only problem with that is that there is no quick compose. I'm using chompSMS but it's the ugliest app I've ever used!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I really like gosms but the only problem with that is that there is no quick compose. I'm using chompSMS but it's the ugliest app I've ever used!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Textra is also by the ChompSMS dev. I think it's a nice upgrade from Chomp. It also works for group messaging based on groups I have set up in gmail.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Glowfly; it isn't a full-fledged texting app, it's more of popup sms app with customization of LEDs (even different colors and different tones for specific contacts). I know a lot of apps do that these days, but, I like Glowfly's simplicity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech