Should I sell my Nexus 5 and get an LG G2 (UK)

Intenti0n

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I bought my Nexus 5 from ebay, the phone was in new condition although not sealed. This is my first proper Android phone and I am loving it so far.

All EXCEPT the call quality.... specifically when using a headset. As you can see here: Google Groups

I have to use my mobile for work calls, so the call/microphone quality is paramount concern.

I was lucky enough to speak to Google over the weekend and they are shipping me a replacement Nexus 5.

The question I have is, when it arrives, as it will sealed, I could easily sell it on Ebay and then buy .... LG L2.:-$

Does that make sense?

Or shall I just stick it out and hope that Google releases a fix? Or am I just using the wrong headsets?? (using the one that came with my iPhone 4s)

thanks in advance

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It's not a rom, just install it. Then you can make adjustments to your stock kernel, or you can install the latest franco kernel, slight increased battery performance and *apparently* a slight color correction to the screen

Correction, to adjust the headphone gain and Mic gain you DO need to install the latest franco kernel. You can't change it on your stock kernel. But once you install franco kernel updating is really easy

My Nexus 5 Rocks \m/

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
One more thing, I don't believe iPhone headset work properly with non iPhone phones, something about the contact points on iPhones are different to keep you from using non apple headphones

My Nexus 5 Rocks \m/

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
OK, I have installed the Franco r14 Kernel.

However, I am unable to see the mic/sound gain settings?

Can anyone kindly advise?

After you've installed it and your phone rebooted, go back into franco, swipe from the left again and then go to kernel settings

My Nexus 5 Rocks \m/

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe iPhone headset work properly with non iPhone phones, something about the contact points on iPhones are different to keep you from using non apple headphones

That's correct. iPhone headsets have mic and ground wire reversed. It will only work properly on an iPhone. On all other phones, you will get all kinds of issues. Don't use iPhone headsets w/mic on regular phones.

Same is true for USB AC chargers that are made for iPhone. The connections are slightly different so that only iPhone will recognize it as AC charger. Other phones will consider it as a normal PC USB port and limit the charge current to 500mA max.

lets_go_android

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
That's correct. iPhone headsets have mic and ground wire reversed. It will only work properly on an iPhone. On all other phones, you will get all kinds of issues. Don't use iPhone headsets w/mic on regular phones.

Same is true for USB AC chargers that are made for iPhone. The connections are slightly different so that only iPhone will recognize it as AC charger. Other phones will consider it as a normal PC USB port and limit the charge current to 500mA max.

Before messing with anything, I would go to a store and try your iPhone headset with a Nexus 5 in the store, a G2 and other devices. You should then be able to tell whether your headset with another Nexus 5 or a G2 would make any difference.

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
No then people wouldn't accidentally buy them. I'll admit Apple headphones rock. And they know that, hence why they make them proprietary! Evil ba$+@rds

My Nexus 5 Rocks \m/