Google Nexus 5 - Viewing tiff files in email?

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know of a plugin that will allow the N5 to view a tiff in an email? I get a lot of faxes in my work email that I can't open which is frustrating... the apps I've found thus far all seem to require downloading to your files and opening from there instead of being able to see it or open right in the email.

Thx

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
i think all attachments that aren't viewd in google docs are downloaded first. Even the docs files might get downloaded to a temp file not 100% sure on that.

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
So there is now way to see a tiff file within the email itself? I keep getting a black "Couldn't load image" screen.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
There are 3rd party .tif viewers, but I do not see any actual email plugins. Essentially a plugin would seamlessly launch an app anyway, so you might just as well try one of the free ones.

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Trying another one now (Fast Image) which is well reviewed, but same issue, have to download the file onto my phone and then go into Fast Image, go into the directory, and locate the file to view it. Unless there is a setting I'm missing that is.

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. If I email the email from my work account to my gmail account and then go into the stock gmail mail application that comes standard on the N5, it at least lets me see the preview of the first page. I still can't open the file (shows the preview image and says "Couldn't load image"), but at least I see a preview of the first page which is all I need 90% of the time.

But in the non-gmail email application that I my work email goes to, I don't see the preview at all.

Will check the "android apps" forum (which is probably where I should have started this thread... sorry!).