Mister Android123

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice anything that is not perfect on it? I'm extremely pleased with this phone. I would like to make a list of bugs found though so anyone with this phone participate. I tried android when the bionic was first released and boy was I unhappy with it. But ever since jelly bean I've been really happy about android. I'm of the just works variety and I finally feel android is there. Anyway here is some of the things I don't like.

1) When I end my call the phone gets stuck on the screen and although I can easily back out of it I would prefer it to do on its own.

2) while I had the same issues on my nexus 4 I will include it anyway. A lot of times I will have wifi on at my house and then I will leave my house forgetting to turn wifi on and then while using my phone away from my house it will attempt to use Wi-Fi to no avail. Why doesn't it recognize that if it can't use Wi-Fi to automatically use the carriers data?

For now that is all but hopefully we can get together a nice list of things that are not perfect.

Posted via Android Central App

Alaa Rasheed

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I have been thinking that it is an issue from my service provider because I have switched to another company when I got my nexus 5, but then - and I am very embarrassed to say - I found that when delivery reports are checked, you will receive a small check when your sms is delivered.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Major glitch is WiFi connection problem. Pretty exhaustive discussions throughout Internet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Major glitch is WiFi connection problem. Pretty exhaustive discussions throughout Internet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Any idea if this could lead to a case of sever battery drain at night when not even using the phone? I'm having that problem and have a hypothesis that the two may be connected (in my particular case).

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
That might be device specific. I have not had any issues with wifi and I got mine within 2 weeks of launch.

Really widespread problem though not on all Nexus 5s. Merely do a Google search and you'll see pretty broad-based. Seems also to primarily affect those with the next generation AC routers although no answer on why. If you only have an N router, you may escape.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Really widespread problem though not on all Nexus 5s. Merely do a Google search and you'll see pretty broad-based. Seems also to primarily affect those with the next generation AC routers although no answer on why. If you only have an N router, you may escape.

Of course, there will always be different experiences for different people. I have the newest Asus AC1900 wireless router, and am having no problems.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
And I have a cheap Trendnet router that's at least 18 months (if not years!) old with no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Of course, there will always be different experiences for different people. I have the newest Asus AC1900 wireless router, and am having no problems.

Glad you are unaffected. Not case for many. Hopefully it will be fixed by Google. Otherwise people like me who love absolutely everything about this phone but this glitch will go elsewhere. It is too big a problem to put up with for too long.

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
And I have a cheap Trendnet router that's at least 18 months (if not years!) old with no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

I had a D-Link DIR-655 router which was a great router in its day, and was somewhere between 4-5 years old. It was a rock solid router, but more and more of my devices were having problems either establishing or maintaining connections with it. I finally got tired of all the issues, so I did a lot of research (and talked to some of my gaming buddies) before I bought the one I now have. It seems there are a lot of routers which don't play nice with a wide array of devices, and in today's world, more devices are wireless than ever before.

So far, so good :) More often than not, I think the router is the main culprit with connection issues as being discussed here.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I had a D-Link DIR-655 router which was a great router in its day, and was somewhere between 4-5 years old. It was a rock solid router, but more and more of my devices were having problems either establishing or maintaining connections with it. I finally got tired of all the issues, so I did a lot of research (and talked to some of my gaming buddies) before I bought the one I now have. It seems there are a lot of routers which don't play nice with a wide array of devices, and in today's world, more devices are wireless than ever before.

So far, so good :) More often than not, I think the router is the main culprit with connection issues as being discussed here.

I have to admit I was stressing a lot when I was waiting for my phone to come the first week of November and saw one of the first WiFi problems threads. I was very lucky apparently that everything worked fine and I don't have any of the problems getting posted.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
The launcher is one huge bug, what were they thinking giving us a launcher with no customizability...

I'm not being snarky or anything, but how is this launcher any less customizable than the previous Jellybean one?

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not being snarky or anything, but how is this launcher any less customizable than the previous Jellybean one?

No need to apologise, I understand where your coming from. I just think that Google made a bit of a deal out of this new launcher but provided no option to customise it. I mean for starters those icons, so big...

Ron Ashtar

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Having a hard time with the Nexus 5 eBay app, sending multiple notifications for the same event.Drives me nuts.
If anyone knows what to do with this please do come forward :)

TURBOSPARTAN

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple issues... I haven't been on here in a while and haven't searched yet, so maybe these have already been addressed:

1. "You Have Internet Connection" bubble that pops up to inform you, but it stays on the screen for way too long. It gets in the way of videos, text, etc... you basically have to wait until the bubble goes away before you can see/read the text underneath. How can I turn this off?

2. For some reason, when on Bluetooth in my vehicle, the Google Play Music icon will pop up in the Notification Bar, even though I didn't open that app / don't want it open / not even listening to music... just want to use the BT for phone purposes.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
1. "You Have Internet Connection" bubble that pops up to inform you, but it stays on the screen for way too long. It gets in the way of videos, text, etc... you basically have to wait until the bubble goes away before you can see/read the text underneath. How can I turn this off?

I've never seen this popup - does this pop up when you have WiFi? or 3g/4g? In either case, I've never seen this.