the good old mail tool

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I got my new Nexus 5.

All I want is to have my mail tool display the way it used to.

With small font, non of those boxes with letters AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL a box to tick for mass deletes. I don't want to swipe delete. I want to touch the box on the left hand side of the message, several messages at a time, each box gets a little tick and then I touch the garbage can in the bottom right and poof I have deleted 20 emails in a second.

It's like the simplest thing in the world, why would they take it away?

also..

my laptop file manager doesn't see the phone...why not?

PC

Come on, one step backwards or am I missing something in set up

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I got my new Nexus 5.

All I want is to have my mail tool display the way it used to.

With small font, non of those boxes with letters AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL a box to tick for mass deletes. I don't want to swipe delete. I want to touch the box on the left hand side of the message, several messages at a time, each box gets a little tick and then I touch the garbage can in the bottom right and poof I have deleted 20 emails in a second.

also..

my laptop file manager doesn't see the phone...why not?

PC

Come on, one step backwards or am I missing something in set up

That stock email client is still in the n5. It's the one that you can attach whatever email addresses you want it to point to for lack of a better expression. But it's there.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my new Nexus 5.

If you're referring to the Gmail app, you just need to long-press on a message in the list of messages. That will highlight the message. You can then repeat for all the ones you want highlighted. Then click the garbage can to mass delete.

If you have Sender image enabled then the sender's image will turn into a big checkbox when the message is highlighted.

Also, in re-reading your post I see you mention "those boxes with letters". Sounds like you have "Sender image" enabled.
9If there's no image available for the sender, then it uses a letter.) If you don't want those boxes to appear then go into Settings of the app and un-select that option.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Tap the box with the big letter and it turns into a big check mark. Tap as many more as you like, then tap the trashcan which is now at the top of the screen to delete them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678