Nexus 5: Flashing red light

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else's Nexus 5 LED light flash red while being charged and the screen is off?

Just wondering because mine is doing it and I don't remember if it's new or something it has always done.
Thanks!

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

steven0188

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Flashing red light

If I remember correctly, the LED light does flash red when the phone is charging, I myself downloaded Light Flow, which allows you to manage all aspects of the LED light, I like it much better than not having control over it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm charging mine now and I don't see any flashing light. How often is it flashing?

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

Constantly o_0 I wasn't sure if I remember it doing it before or not. I wonder what it means. My phone seems to be working as normal. It's kinda strange and has me worried.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Mine doesn't flash while charging????? I get different color flashes for email, text, tweets and what not but nothing while charging..

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking of might mean something is going wrong, but I haven't noticed any changes. I do not have light flow on my phone either so I know it's not that. I'll keep an eye on it. I will call Google and ask what it means. I hope my phone isn't about to die. I've had it for such a short time.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Mine doesn't flash when charging either - only when a notification is unchecked, which could also happen when the device is charging. But the act of charging alone does not trigger the LED.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone else's Nexus 5 LED light flash red while being charged and the screen is off?

If you could clarify: do you mean the screen is simply off or the phone is in"power off" mode? (Long press power button then select Power Off from the menu)

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

What setting do you have turned on? Perhaps I have mine turned on and didn't know.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

It's the SportsCenter app. It flashes red when there is a sports update.

Posted via Android Central App

What leads you to believe he has that app installed? I am sure there are a number of apps available that might flash an LED red.

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

My guess is the battery is under 15% in this case.

Nope, it flashes no matter what percentage the battery is at. Idk what is making it happen, but my phone is working properly so I guess I'll just live with it. Lol

Sarah Silva1

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi, that happened to me while phone was dead. flashing light was on bottom where the charger plugs up. it changed my background image. wtf! :(:(

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 4 would flash red while charging when the battery was too low to power the phone. My phone had died over night.

If I had to guess this may be an indicator that there is a battery problem. My Nexus 5 does not flash red while charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan