Cutting Mini Sim to make it Micro Sim

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
im planning to cut my mini sim card to make it micro sim, for me to use it in my N5..

is it safe and should we do it with no hesitation?

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
It should be OK. Either you can print a template from a website, or you can buy a cutter very inexpensively on eBay. I've heard that some of the phone stores will cut it for you, or if you are a customer will give you a microsim free.

bloo0153

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
im planning to cut my mini sim card to make it micro sim, for me to use it in my N5..

is it safe and should we do it with no hesitation?

Why not just get a micro Sim from your carrier? Most will perform the exchange for free.

If that isn't possible you can cut a mini Sim down to size, assuming the Sim is new enough. I've found the the chip on some older sim cards is larger, making it more difficult to cut down.

I've seen stencil kits you can download and print out. The preferred method would be to buy a sim cutting tool. Amazon sells them for under $5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
problem is, my carrier doesnt have microsims..

UPDATE: i just cut down the mini sim into micro sim using regular scissors and without any stencil and without any ruler, just scissors only :p.

i just watched one video in youtube, saw the shape of the micro sim..

followed that image, ( i paused that video), started cutting this thing out.

now its working fine in my N5. woooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

JRDEMASKUS

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I borrowed a cutter.
It cuts cleanly enough that you use the leftover as an adapter to go back up in size.
Less than $10 on Amazon, and usually comes with adapters.
Waiting for a Nano cutter now, gonna try the same thing.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, it seems that most (many?) cell phone stores keep a SIM cutter behind the counter and will use it upon request. Just walk into a store and ask, "Could you please cut this SIM for me?"

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463