Trickle Charging for Wireless Charging

adjaso15

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the forum and I'm excited to get involved in the community.

I have searched and searched the forums for at least an hour and I can't find an answer to save my life. I'm looking for a wireless charger for my Nexus 5. I have read a lot of reviews and I am still deciding on the best one. My most important question, and the one I'm getting a lot of different answers about is "Trickle Charging". A lot of reviews say that certain chargers don't support Trickle Charging, meaning once they fully charge your device, they turn off. So you might wake up with a charged phone at 90%. This is a huge deal breaker for me.

Some people are saying that it depends on the phone, that the N4 didn't support wireless trickle charging, but the N5 does. Other people are saying it depends on the wireless charging pad.

I apologize if someone else has already answered this question. I don't mean to flood the forums with duplicate questions.

Thank you!

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
All I know is from personal experience with two wireless chargers on my N5. I have the Tylt Vu and a generic imported charger. I have left my phone on both of them for extended periods and the charge is at 100% when I take it off. I don't know if it's because of the charger, the charging logic of the phone, or the fact that the N5 uses very little battery when idle. I do know that the charger has stopped charging at full speed, because the phone is cool when I remove it. For comparison, if I pick up the phone before it reaches 100%, it is warm.

So I would say go for a wireless charger and don't worry. There are a slew of the generic chargers on Amazon for under $20. Not a big investment to make. Good luck.

PS, Kudos for searching first.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 5 doesn't tell the wireless charger when it's full (it should according to Qi standards), as a result your phone will be at 100% in the morning regardless of which charger you use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20