Black or White?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tal Sarig

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey all!
I'm going to get a new Nexus 5.
I know the differences between the two colors, but I just can't choose which is better for me.
A lot of people state that the buld quality is much better on the black one. How much better is it?
Will the white version attract more fingerprints on the back, eventually?
How easy is it to clean, compared to the black one?
I just can't pick!

fauxreal

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cant choose; Black or White?

white isnt for everyone, you want to stand out then go for it, i dont have a finger print problem

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I ordered the black and I don't regret it. HOWEVER, I love how the glass wraps around on the side of the white one, whereas the black has the soft touch that wraps around to meet the glass. That alone made me seriously consider the white.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I don't have a fingerprint problem on the white back, but the glossy sides are another story. The white is beautiful but if you care more about a more tactile experience get the black.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Tal Sarig

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

The white one honestly looks better to me, but I will most likely get a black case for it.
I am really unsure of what to get. This is going to be my phone for a long time, it just HAS to be right

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site

My advice: go to a T-Mobile or Sprint store or a Best Buy and ask to see it in both colors. Then go to the play store and get the one you want.

I have the black 32 GB model, and I'm loving it. I prefer the matte finish of the black back to the glossy white finish, partly due to aesthetics, partly due to the fact that glossy can be slippery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Flip a coin. They are both awesome so you can't go wrong with either option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Tal Sarig

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

My advice: go to a T-Mobile or Sprint store or a Best Buy and ask to see it in both colors. Then go to the play store and get the one you want.

I have the black 32 GB model, and I'm loving it. I prefer the matte finish of the black back to the glossy white finish, partly due to aesthetics, partly due to the fact that glossy can be slippery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I wish I could, but I live all the way over in Israel. It h asn't even arrived here, yet, and it will take time for it to officially arrive. That's why Im having my american bring it to me when he comes here, in two weeks.
I can't access the play store (outside of my phone) and there is no way for me to feel or see the phones before purchasing.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I wish I could, but I live all the way over in Israel. It h asn't even arrived here, yet, and it will take time for it to officially arrive. That's why Im having my american bring it to me when he comes here, in two weeks.
I can't access the play store (outside of my phone) and there is no way for me to feel or see the phones before purchasing.

Are you sure you should get the North American version? Even though the radio bands may match it doesn't mean it will work as well. We just had someone from New Zealand (I think) who had wanted to have a family member bring a Nexus 5 from the states. Someone who knows more about radios than I do said it's likely the American version won't work well there despite some matching bands.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I have the white model and it's great. No real issues with the material or color. I wasn't able to get a white Nexus 4, so I wanted to give white a shot with the 5.

I've used both versions significantly and don't really have a preference. :)

ManInTheBox10

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

Hey Tal, I'm ordering my N5 either today or in the next few days and I was in the same dilemma as you. I really thought the white looked better but having read through 39 pages of a thread on XDA (I know, I'm insane) and taking a look at one specific picture and video, I've decided on black which was my original choice.

http://gizmostorm.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/nexus5-black-white-11.jpg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yzrwG_...top_uri=/watch?v=yzrwG_5SFXE&feature=youtu.be

I really think the white looks so much better in stock pictures than it does in real life. To me those sides look horrible. Don't like how it appears that the front drapes over the sides and make the back plate look so out of place... And cheap.

Also you don't get ANY soft touch matte on the white, which I was pretty excited over when I heard of it. Your Nexus will feel just like any other glossy plastic phone with the feeling of an HTC One X on the back.

I'm going with the 32gb black and a black Google bumper case.

Posted via Android Central App

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I like my white one.

My N4 was all black. It was time to move on to a different style.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it looks cheap at all. It's all a matter of eye of the beholder. Also the back is not glossy. It's matte white. It doesn't show fingerprints but yes you'd want to touch it only with clean hands. :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I really like the white one as well. Is the white easy to get dirty? How hard would it be to clean it?

It probably is easy to get dirty but I've been careful so far. Someone cleaned theirs with eyeglass cleaner and said it worked. :thumbup::)

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
It probably is easy to get dirty but I've been careful so far. Someone cleaned theirs with eyeglass cleaner and said it worked. :thumbup::)

Thanks for the reply. If I did go with white it would be in a clear case most of the time anyway. Still I don't want to have the white N5 for a year and it just looking awful.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. If I did go with white it would be in a clear case most of the time anyway. Still I don't want to have the white N5 for a year and it just looking awful.

I think it would be fine. I pick mine up with lotion on and it doesn't get smeared or anything. I think it's most likely if you have food or food grease on your hands you wouldn't want to touch it. But that's any phone. I think for the most part it's fine. Oh, the poster who cleaned his phone had put it in his jeans pocket and it picked up some dye from the fabric.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech