So I had the N5 for 2 days now...

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
So far I really like the phone and the price is of the charts, but I have a few questions...

How do I get the battery percentage to show up in my notifications?

Is there any way to make the screen icons smaller?

How do I end all my running apps at the same time?

How do I get my Facebook and contacts combined? Meaning I want to see the face book pictures next to my contacts like every other android phone I used.

I guess that's a start! Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So far I really like the phone and the price is of the charts, but I have a few questions...

How do I get my Facebook and contacts combined? Meaning I want to see the face book pictures next to my contacts like every other android phone I used.

Being that it is stock android, you will need a 3rd party app from the play store to sync your fb contacts. I've never synced them so I'm not sure which app works best but if you search, you will find one.

Battery percentage can only be achieved through a 3rd party app unless you root and either flash a mod or a different rom that includes it.

Smaller icons can be achieved by using a 3rd party launcher. Nova is really great and completely customizable.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

1. Battery gauge app in the play store

2. Typically not with stock but again look at nova in the play store

3. I don't know bout now but a Lil while ago Google stock phones didn't sync fb data straight out the box. Could have changed now if it did u have to go dl the fb app and add it in my accounts in your phone settings. If that doesn't work it's plenty of apps that does that in the play store. Hope I helped.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Battery gauge app in the play store

2. Typically not with stock but again look at nova in the play store

3. I don't know bout now but a Lil while ago Google stock phones didn't sync fb data straight out the box. Could have changed now if it did u have to go dl the fb app and add it in my accounts in your phone settings. If that doesn't work it's plenty of apps that does that in the play store. Hope I helped.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

I really like Nova...tried Apex, but found Nova a bit better tweaked for "ME".

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded SwiftKey to replace the stock keyboard and it has a dedicated Key for speech to text.

The stock google keyboard has a mic icon when u long press the ( , ) on the keyboard, but nothing happens when I press it. Seems like something that should be included and easy to access on any google / Android phone.

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
The stock google keyboard has a mic icon when u long press the ( , ) on the keyboard, but nothing happens when I press it. Seems like something that should be included and easy to access on any google / Android phone.

Go to Settings / Language and Input, and check the Google Voice Typing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown