I am having a bit of an issue with group texts through Hangouts. I am texting with 4 other people, 3 are iPhone users and the other is a Nexus 5 user. The iPhone users' texts all stay in the same thread while the Nexus 5 users' come in its own thread.

Any ideas why they're not all coming in on the same thread?
    12-05-2013 10:02 PM
    I hated Hangout at first after beating my head againts the wall to text friends when the N5 first came out in November. I moved to 8SMS then everyone told me Textra was better but after two days I went back to 8SMS. Then they updated Hangout and I moved back to it two days ago and three of my friends with had no issues but one friend with a Samsung S4 on AT&T complained he wasn't getting my SMS text in the right place. So it is back to 8SMS for me for SMS/MMS.

Hangout is a work in progress that isn't for me now for the 2nd time after the upgrade. When Hangout gets the SMS and MMS integration right then I will try it again when they get their act together.
    12-05-2013 10:54 PM
    I am having a bit of an issue with group texts through Hangouts. I am texting with 4 other people, 3 are iPhone users and the other is a Nexus 5 user. The iPhone users' texts all stay in the same thread while the Nexus 5 users' come in its own thread.

Any ideas why they're not all coming in on the same thread?
    It's a new Kit Kat feature. Sheep automatically get corraled and separated from the rest of the herd.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    12-06-2013 09:00 AM
    Hangouts is horrible for group texts. Textra works great for me, even in large group messages with a plethora of phones

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-06-2013 09:07 AM