Have You Gotten KitKat 4.4.1? Thread

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Question...a ignorant one I'm afraid...where do you install the SDK and Drivers from?

Posted via Android Central App

No problem. I just learned how to do this as well.
SDK
Android SDK | Android Developers

Drivers: I did not do this for my nexus 5, but I am right now learning how to root my nexus 7 and here are universal drivers I found in the AC forums. Correct me if I am wrong anyone
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25213603/Universal_Naked_Driver_0.7.zip

Here are the directions I followed: Similar, but a little different. But they worked. I'll be playing on the computer for a bit, so I'll check back and see how you're making out.
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/1...date-a-nexus-without-root-or-custom-recovery/

How to manually install Android 4.4 KitKat - Nexus 7 (2012/2013) WiFi, Nexus 10 - Update: Nexus 4 and 3G/4G Nexus 7 models as well

Android 4.2 (Build JOP40C) Rolling Out To The Nexus 7 Now – Manual Download Link Available

PatrickAsh

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I keep on getting device not found error when sideloading to my Nexus 5. I tried different workarounds in updating my Google usb drivers to no avail. Help :O

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I keep on getting device not found error when sideloading to my Nexus 5. I tried different workarounds in updating my Google usb drivers to no avail. Help :O

Same thing happened to me when I tried to side load KitKat onto my Nexus 7. Did some research and found out that ADB wasn't maintaing the USB connection active. The fix for this seemed rather involved, so I had to wait for my 4.4 OTA for my Nexus 7 which was almost 2 weeks! :/ I hope this rollout doesn't take as long for me.

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, what is the fix? ( I also get the "device not found" message when I tried to sideload. Adb commands work fine up till the sideload attempt. )

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Will wait a few more days before sideloading. I am learning to be more patient with updates in case it breaks something I like. This sounds like a pretty good update.

Frozen in place in Dallas!

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, what is the fix? ( I also get the "device not found" message when I tried to sideload. Adb commands work fine up till the sideload attempt. )

That was not one of the problems that I encountered doing this last night...

Did you try following a different set of instructions? I posted a few options. I had to play around with three sets of instructions before it worked. They are just slightly different.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site

There are different posts that I've found. Just google "adb device not found". One post suggested an app that would fix the connection. Another post suggested some manipulation with the Android SDK.

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
There are different posts that I've found. Just google "adb device not found". One post suggested an app that would fix the connection. Another post suggested some manipulation with the Android SDK.

I tried multiple ways, same error message. I guess I'll have to wait for the OTA. Thanks.

Edit: I got it to work by installing this driver: http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html#top

I already had the full ADB installation with drivers, but this new one allowed me to sideload.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2