Dialing from Car's Bluetooth does not work if screen is locked.

aj_choudhry

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi This is my 4th Android phone. I have previously used Galaxy Nexus, GS3 and Nexus 4 and now finally N5.

The problem is that I cannot dial or initiate an outgoing call using my Car's Bluetooth system, if the screen is locked. If I try to dial out using my car's system, i.e either using numbers stored in car's speed dial or voice dialing feature. it simply doe not work. But when I look at the phone and unlock the screen, phone starts dialing out.

This totally defeats the purpose of hand free Bluetooth system, in the car. I never has this issue with any other phone, including Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S3 or various versions of iphone.

This is really annoying. All help and suggestions are welcome but no third party apps.

Thank you.

Joseph Lee6

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Just took the lock screen off to see if it will work now. You would think the changes would have been tested!

Viventis

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine works. I just tested it. I have a Plantronics headset. Just checking. Do you have "Bluetooth headset" checked in the Google Now settings? If not, push and hold an empty space on the main home screen. You will see three choices near the bottom, Wallpapers, Widgets and Settings. Select Settings, then Voice, then tick the box near the bottom.

aj_choudhry

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine works. I just tested it. I have a Plantronics headset. Just checking. Do you have "Bluetooth headset" checked in the Google Now settings? If not, push and hold an empty space on the main home screen. You will see three choices near the bottom, Wallpapers, Widgets and Settings. Select Settings, then Voice, then tick the box near the bottom.

any help anyone?

jemiller124

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem as well--it wouldn't dial anything when I used my car's voice dialing system. I made a call thru the phone interface after connecting to Bluetooth, and I had to set a default action--if you have Skype or another dialer app installed, you need to set the system dialer as "always" before you can make a Bluetooth call using your car system. That's what I did, anyway, and it works normally now.

jobo33n3

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
How do you set the system dialer to "always" anyways/ I am having this problem as well and i can't find out how to do this.
Your help is greatly appreciated! :)

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tired the new Lollipop feature called "Trusted Devices" on their N5? I just set the Security option "Trusted Places" and at home it disables my screen pattern lock. I also looked at the "Trusted Devices" and it can be your car or watch's Bluetooth or a NFC sticker in your car that will also disable your pattern lock.

Just go to Setting>Security>Smart Lock .... (to set these options)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair