Hi This is my 4th Android phone. I have previously used Galaxy Nexus, GS3 and Nexus 4 and now finally N5.

The problem is that I cannot dial or initiate an outgoing call using my Car's Bluetooth system, if the screen is locked. If I try to dial out using my car's system, i.e either using numbers stored in car's speed dial or voice dialing feature. it simply doe not work. But when I look at the phone and unlock the screen, phone starts dialing out.

This totally defeats the purpose of hand free Bluetooth system, in the car. I never has this issue with any other phone, including Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S3 or various versions of iphone.

This is really annoying. All help and suggestions are welcome but no third party apps.

Thank you.
    12-06-2013 10:17 AM
    I am having the same problem. Just took the lock screen off to see if it will work now. You would think the changes would have been tested!
    12-06-2013 11:01 AM
    so frustrating.

I am having the same problem. Just took the lock screen off to see if it will work now. You would think the changes would have been tested!
    12-06-2013 11:17 AM
    Mine works. I just tested it. I have a Plantronics headset. Just checking. Do you have "Bluetooth headset" checked in the Google Now settings? If not, push and hold an empty space on the main home screen. You will see three choices near the bottom, Wallpapers, Widgets and Settings. Select Settings, then Voice, then tick the box near the bottom.
    12-06-2013 07:33 PM
    Mine works. I just tested it. I have a Plantronics headset. Just checking. Do you have "Bluetooth headset" checked in the Google Now settings? If not, push and hold an empty space on the main home screen. You will see three choices near the bottom, Wallpapers, Widgets and Settings. Select Settings, then Voice, then tick the box near the bottom.

any help anyone?
    12-09-2013 01:04 PM
    I had this problem as well--it wouldn't dial anything when I used my car's voice dialing system. I made a call thru the phone interface after connecting to Bluetooth, and I had to set a default action--if you have Skype or another dialer app installed, you need to set the system dialer as "always" before you can make a Bluetooth call using your car system. That's what I did, anyway, and it works normally now.
    12-09-2013 06:12 PM
    Wrong post
    01-10-2014 12:14 PM
    How do you set the system dialer to "always" anyways/ I am having this problem as well and i can't find out how to do this.
    Your help is greatly appreciated!
    08-10-2014 10:31 PM
    I have same problem with my Samsung S4 Mini.
    It makes Car HU calling option useless
    12-04-2014 02:45 AM
    Has anyone tired the new Lollipop feature called "Trusted Devices" on their N5? I just set the Security option "Trusted Places" and at home it disables my screen pattern lock. I also looked at the "Trusted Devices" and it can be your car or watch's Bluetooth or a NFC sticker in your car that will also disable your pattern lock.

Just go to Setting>Security>Smart Lock .... (to set these options)
    12-04-2014 01:24 PM