"Tone Picker" Replacement (that works on Android 4.4)

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Tone Picker is not getting fixed. I'm struggling to find any other similar app except "Rings Extended". I want to be able to choose ringtones from sdcard and would prefer being able to set folders on the sdcard as favourites.

Just to be clear I want an app that can replace the SYSTEM tone chooser. Any ideas?

Thanks
Dennis

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
What's wrong with Rings Extended? Does it not work either? (just curious)

Good question,after trying it a bit more today I'd say not much. It does work in 4.4, although I got a FC the first time I opened it. I'll use it for now.

I also wanted to know if there were other similar apps that people could recommend.

The issue I have is with the "documents option", it could be the issues are Android ("Open From" dialog) and not the apps:

• The "Audio" option originally showed me audio files which I couldn't select, today I can't see them at all and the "navigation" doesn't make sense.
  • The "select file" opens "X-plore" file manager and wasn't showing me any of my files until I unticked "filter: audio/mp3", I assume the filter came from Rings Extended, which app is at fault for not showing any media files I'm unsure of at this stage, however "mp3" is not the only audio type so even if it had of worked it would have missed my ".ogg" files I assume.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Good question,after trying it a bit more today I'd say not much. It does work in 4.4, although I got a FC the first time I opened it. I'll use it for now.

I also wanted to know if there were other similar apps that people could recommend.

The issue I have is with the "documents option", it could be the issues are Android ("Open From" dialog) and not the apps:

• The "Audio" option originally showed me audio files which I couldn't select, today I can't see them at all and the "navigation" doesn't make sense.
  • The "select file" opens "X-plore" file manager and wasn't showing me any of my files until I unticked "filter: audio/mp3", I assume the filter came from Rings Extended, which app is at fault for not showing any media files I'm unsure of at this stage, however "mp3" is not the only audio type so even if it had of worked it would have missed my ".ogg" files I assume.
Good to know it's workable for you. If you see any other alternatives that work with 4.4 lets us know! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang