Photos in 4.4.1

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Will the gallery app eventually go away? Until you can view your auto backup photos in the G+ app, I hope not. I don't like using two apps to essentially do the same things.
I am however disappointed that you can no longer upload to Picasa albums. I just returned from a trip this weekend. I sideloaded 4.4.1 and when I tired to upload and create a new album, the option is no longer there. Anyway to create photo albums since the new update?

Sent from my badass Nexus 5

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
They're both there, but there's a standalone auto awesome section in the photo app....unless I missed it in the initial 4.4......but I don't think so o_O

Nexus 5 4.4.1
Got sideload?

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They're both there, but there's a standalone auto awesome section in the photo app....unless I missed it in the initial 4.4......but I don't think so o_O

Nexus 5 4.4.1
Got sideload?

They are both there, but if you swipe left (to go to gallery) it now takes you to google+ photos right?

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Will the gallery app eventually go away? Until you can view your auto backup photos in the G+ app, I hope not. I don't like using two apps to essentially do the same things.
I am however disappointed that you can no longer upload to Picasa albums. I just returned from a trip this weekend. I sideloaded 4.4.1 and when I tired to upload and create a new album, the option is no longer there. Anyway to create photo albums since the new update?

Sent from my badass Nexus 5

Read this: Gallery and Photos: Why does the Nexus 5 have two ways to handle images?

The standard Gallery app is part of the Android Open Source Project, meaning it is included by default in every build of Android. The Photos App folder is exclusive to Nexus/Moto and will get a lot of Snapseed photo editing software I read on another site. Google acquire Nik Software, the German developer of photography app Snapseed, for an undisclosed amount to put Google + on par with Instagram and Facebook. Snapseed was a $4.99 IOS App of the year in 2011.

Picasa days are numbered and look for Photo App to get a lot of it's ability.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Nexus 5 4.4.1
Got sideload?

Not Auto Awesome, Auto Backup. You cant view your backed up photos in the G+ app. Therefore cant share them using the app.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not Auto Awesome, Auto Backup. You cant view your backed up photos in the G+ app. Therefore cant share them using the app.

wait, what? I share and view my backed up photos on g+ all of the time. I just click the "photos" app, not the galary one and I can share those anywhere.

Auto awesome is a part of google+

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
wait, what? I share and view my backed up photos on g+ all of the time. I just click the "photos" app, not the galary one and I can share those anywhere.

Auto awesome is a part of google+

Are you on 4.4.1?

I understand Auto Awesome is apart of G+. The only photos I can view on G+ photos are the photos on my phone's storage, photos shared to G+, auto awesome photos, and my albums. If I was to delete a photo from my phone's storage, it will remain in my Auto Backup folder. I cannot view my Auto Backup folder in the G+ photos app. I have to open my gallery app to do so.

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Are you on 4.4.1?

I understand Auto Awesome is apart of G+. The only photos I can view on G+ photos are the photos on my phone's storage, photos shared to G+, auto awesome photos, and my albums. If I was to delete a photo from my phone's storage, it will remain in my Auto Backup folder. I cannot view my Auto Backup folder in the G+ photos app. I have to open my gallery app to do so.

So what is under the Highlights folder of Google+ Photos? All of my backed up photos are located there, which are not on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2