Nexus 5 Prepaid

n5cwd

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Want to buy the Nexus 5 at bestbuy tomorrow and then use the phone with one of the prepaid service cards there. Will bringing the phone home and unlocking it (unlocking the boot loader?) enable the phone to use data text and call with one of the prepaid cards? I would prefer sprint or boost mobile. And is there a way around having to get a new SIM card after unlocking the phone to be able to use it with a prepaid service? Just want to make sure I can unlock and setup the nexus 5 for prepaid before I spend the money.

Edit: Do I have to root the N5 to use the device with prepaid service, or just unlock the N5?

Last edited:

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to root for prepaid. I just started using my Nexus 5 with T-Mobile and its great. The only thing I miss is being able to use Google Voice as my voicemail provider.

Posted via Android Central App

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
You should be good to go once you buy the phone. I tried AIO and Straight Talk. You just needed to insert the sim you get from the carrier.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to root or unlock, the phone comes unlocked. Just get the SIM card from Sprint/Boost and get your account set up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21