Is the Power Button SUPPOSED to rattle??

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I figure I'll just let the rattle go and right before my 1 year warranty is up I will get a new one then sell it as new in box for the Nexus 6 - :D

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
No there is zero play in my ceramic buttons even if you try to wiggle it. I think LG got some buttons that were undersized since ceramic could shrink during manufacturing. There are few people posting about this issue after the first batch of N5's were released, so I think they got rid of the quality issue for the most part.

good to know thanks. my first n5 def had a LOT of play in the power button, hopefully the next one they send will be less so

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
for those whose power buttons aren't loose, what is your build number? Or, are you guys thinking this is just a random manufacturing thing

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
getting the nexus5 today - fingers crossed that the power button isn't loose and the speaker holes are larger

macleod52

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 4s had the power button rattle. I don't see this as being an issue. The phone isn't going to fall apart and this appears to be just the way the phone is designed. I'm not sure why people are freaking out over something so minuscule.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 4s had the power button rattle. I don't see this as being an issue. The phone isn't going to fall apart and this appears to be just the way the phone is designed. I'm not sure why people are freaking out over something so minuscule.

because it's annoying and shouldn't and doesn't have to be the case.

Thats all that needs to be done replace it since there is talk of newr revised models now hitting the market.

hopefully that's the one I'm getting. Before I even turn it on I'll make sure it's the updated version. If not, it can get sent back again lol. I can be patient about this, I've still got a Galaxy S4 GE that I'm using now

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine rattle but it doesn't bother me.. Seems to be solid. I thought it supposed to be like that.

I *think* mine might rattle a little, but I never really noticed it until I read about it here. I wouldn't get it replaced because everything else works perfectly. My luck is I'd replace it and get some worse defect.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
the initial post made me laugh a little. "loose to the point if I shake it hard enough it rattles."

The glass is weak enough that if I step hard enough it breaks. I am just giving you a hard time, but that was a pretty funny description. I think of loose being you hear it rattle with normal usage.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Same store happen to nexus 4 they updated the phone after a few month by adding special nubs to prevent sliding. I solved the problem by applying protecting skin.. N4 sure did slide like being on ice.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
the initial post made me laugh a little. "loose to the point if I shake it hard enough it rattles."

The glass is weak enough that if I step hard enough it breaks. I am just giving you a hard time, but that was a pretty funny description. I think of loose being you hear it rattle with normal usage.

turned out it was a design flaw. No keys are loose anymore:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/343775-redesigned-nexus-5-a.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/343859-new-version-nexus-5-hardware.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/343876-not-good-news.html

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Eh, i dont have a volume button problem. Never did, and my power button is a bit loose, doesnt rattle. I really have to shake it to have it make a slight noise in a quiet room but having my slim armor case on it just takes care of whatever looseness it has. Not an issue to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz