Nexus 5 battery life has improved with 4.4.2

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I feel as though the battery life on my phone has gotten much better after the update. has anyone else got better results from the battery after the update?

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It's too soon for me to say for sure, but I turned on ART and installed 4.2.2 and looking at battery history, the drop off is noticeably lower, particularly in standby.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Today I've used my phone heavily, so thought it would worth posting the results regarding battery life. Love this phone!
yzy9y8en.jpg
e7enunev.jpg

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Today I've used my phone heavily, so thought it would worth posting the results regarding battery life. Love this phone!

That is amazing... I tell you what either they upgraded the towers near my work or something happened over the weekend because even before this update at work my signal was so horrible that my battery with little to no use would go from 100% charged down to less than 30% roughly 2 hours before my work day ended.. Yesterday and today I check my battery life with roughly 2 hours left in my work day to find the phone still up around 75% and it's now made it back to back days from off the charger at 5:45 am until 8:00 pm while still having 30% remaining.. I have not charged it the past two days at work (While still on 4.4) I got home from work today and it updated to 4.4.2 so it will be interesting to see how the battery comes along... on the weekends and around the house with a great signal it's had really good battery life compared to my Rooted GS3 before it...

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I usually use my phone about 12-14 hrs getting 3.5-4 hrs of screen on time. I think switching to ART has helped

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Most of the screen time is internet and email. Also took 15 pictures. Right now, I'm at 6:20 of screen time, and 15:10 on time, with 20% remaining.

Damn. Better than most phones nowadays and you still have 20% left. On pace for almost 7:30 o_O
How bright is the screen set to?

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Damn. Better than most phones nowadays and you still have 20% left. On pace for almost 7:30 o_O
How bright is the screen set to?

I keep my screen at 10%, which is plenty bright for indoors. When going outside during the day, I switch it over to auto brightness. I also do other tweaks to reduce battery usage, such as disable GPS and WiFi when not needed, and disable Google location Scanning Always Available under WiFi advanced menu. These settings have worked well for me.

I doubt I'll make much more than 7 hrs, and 16.5 total, as the last of the battery tends to deplete faster, but how can I complain about these results?

highercal

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My battery life sucks......

.....because I can't put my phone down! :-D, even after heavy use the battery life is still phenomenal (IMO). I get about a good 12 hours or so on the batt.

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Wat apps r u using for your 6hr of SOT? All I see is Android os

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I mainly use Android OS apps (email, chrome, camera, phone, etc.). The 3rd party apps I download I don't use often. One of them you see is BeyondPod, which I used 5% of the on-time (about an hour), listening to a podcast in the background.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I keep my screen at 10%, which is plenty bright for indoors. When going outside during the day, I switch it over to auto brightness. I also do other tweaks to reduce battery usage, such as disable GPS and WiFi when not needed, and disable Google location Scanning Always Available under WiFi advanced menu. These settings have worked well for me.

I doubt I'll make much more than 7 hrs, and 16.5 total, as the last of the battery tends to deplete faster, but how can I complain about these results?

You can't XD
People with Droid Maxx phones talk about its 3600 something may battery but honestly I rarely use my phone for more than 3-4 hours a day so the battery on my phone is more than enough :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol