I have always been a faithful Apple user - and have every device Apple has on the market. After playing with the Nexus 5, I decided to switch for a change and bought the phone. I recently bought a 2013 Hyundai Accent, which has the USB port for audio. I've never had an issue connecting my iPhone directly to the USB port, and when I did, the music would immediately start to play. Now, when I plug my Nexus 5 using the USB provided into the USB port in my car, the car says "reading" but keeps dropping the connection and the phone will say "connected as a media device" but will drop the connection over and over and never play any music. I don't have Bluetooth so that's not an option. I have an aux cable and I'm sure I can use that but I really love the USB feature as it charges AND plays my music/map directions at the same time. Any advice???
    12-11-2013 07:53 PM
    It's odd that the stereo in a 2013 car doesn't have bluetooth. Having said that, I am sorry to be a bearer of bad news. Current car stereos can't recognize the new file system of Android. It used to be that the phone would act like an USB drive. Not anymore. It sucks, I know.
    12-11-2013 10:16 PM
    The Android system USB mode offers MTP which is an industry standard for many years now (other than Apple, everyone else use this). So, it is nothing new. USB mass storage mode (USB drive) is not a good thing. It forces the OS to give exclusive access to its storage to USB port. So, if you connected to USB mass storage mode, apps can no longer access the internal storage and most likely will fail because the internal storage is no longer partitioned into multiple partitions like old Android phones do.
    gpdaddy95 likes this.
    12-12-2013 08:21 AM
    12-12-2013 11:30 AM