04-23-2014 09:21 AM
45 12
tools
    I tried light manager. Set sms color to yellow. It comes out green. Can you get a yellow notification led?

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3
    12-13-2013 12:54 PM
    Well for one thing, it doesn't kill my battery. Light Flow does - I'm not sure why, and I know this isn't the experience for everyone or even most people, but it is mine. For another, its free version lets you add any custom app you want to the panel of customized notification lights - you need the paid version of Light Flow to add certain apps. For me at least, Lightflow's free version always took a little while before the settings would take hold, for Light Manager, they work immediately.
    So I gave Light Manager a go, uninstalled Light Flow so it wouldn't interfere and set up Light Manager -- it didn't work at all for me. I tested sending myself some emails, they arrived and the light flashed very briefly once, and then nothing. Tried again and again, gave up and went back to Light flow which worked right away. I agree Light Manager being free and letting you use it with all apps is a nice feature, but in my limited test run it didn't work.
    12-13-2013 01:22 PM
    So I gave Light Manager a go, uninstalled Light Flow so it wouldn't interfere and set up Light Manager -- it didn't work at all for me. I tested sending myself some emails, they arrived and the light flashed very briefly once, and then nothing. Tried again and again, gave up and went back to Light flow which worked right away. I agree Light Manager being free and letting you use it with all apps is a nice feature, but in my limited test run it didn't work.
    Sometimes these apps need a restart. Did you try that?

Anyway, if lightflow works better for you, stick with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-13-2013 02:49 PM
    Lightflow uses about 4% of app usage (maybe 2% overall) which is a little high but I wouldn't call it a battery sucker.

12-13-2013 02:55 PM
    Skype is working with the blue, a red one, and a yellow too.
    12-13-2013 02:57 PM
    In note 3 cannot produce yellow. If you choose yellow you get green

12-13-2013 03:36 PM
    Lightflow uses about 4% of app usage (maybe 2% overall) which is a little high but I wouldn't call it a battery sucker.
    I wouldn't either. But that's not what was happening to me. It was eating up as much battery (sometimes more) as the screen. And that also started after the 4.4.2 update to my Nexus 5 - it was fine before that.

I should also mention that even independent of that, I'm liking Light Manager better.
    12-13-2013 04:47 PM
    I'm a Light Manager user. Works great on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. I think it's better than Light Flow.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    12-13-2013 05:13 PM
    I wouldn't either. But that's not what was happening to me. It was eating up as much battery (sometimes more) as the screen. And that also started after the 4.4.2 update to my Nexus 5 - it was fine before that.

I should also mention that even independent of that, I'm liking Light Manager better.
    I must admit I am not impartial because Andrew of Light Flow is the most responsive developer I've ever dealt with.

12-13-2013 05:24 PM
    I know there's a few minor bugs that still need to be worked out with Lightflow on Kit Kat, but Its working great for me. I've learned that when I reboot my device I need to open Lightflow to activate it again. I think this is a known bug, but it works fine after reopening the app. And I don't reboot that often.

I don't notice any battery drain with lightflow. At the end of the day it might show at 2 battery use, but with all the notifications I receive during the day that is more than acceptable.

And like someone said earlier, the dev is very responsive and working on improving the performance on Kit Kat. I've been very happy with lightflow but it's nice knowing there's other options out there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    recDNA likes this.
    12-13-2013 09:30 PM
    Any of the above mentioned 3 apps support alternative lights indication?
    I tested in "LED Blinker Lite" with blue and red, but it did not work. After receiving two different notifications, only the blue, light from the 1st notification, blinks continuously.

Thank you for your info, regards !

SLo
    12-14-2013 11:45 AM
    Works for me in light flow.

12-14-2013 11:56 AM
    I see no battery difference using Lightflow.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-14-2013 12:12 PM
    Last night beweather killed my battery and I have it set to sleep at night. There is just no telling what and why some app decides to eat your battery

12-14-2013 12:26 PM
    Light flow is giving me problems when i get a call, it keeps blinking the LED light after the call is gone and i can only get rid of it by turning off my phone. How do you fix this?
    12-14-2013 09:55 PM
    mine is still working
    12-14-2013 10:21 PM
    I am also facing the same problem... My LED keeps blinking even after the call ended on both Light Manager app & Light flow. Any help on resolving the issue???
    12-28-2013 05:20 AM
    Download LED blinker pro, the best out there right now and works absolutely perfectly on the nexus 5

Posted via Android Central App
    12-28-2013 08:10 AM
    Light flow is giving me problems when i get a call, it keeps blinking the LED light after the call is gone and i can only get rid of it by turning off my phone. How do you fix this?
    Go into light flow, click tools. Then click on all led test. Lock phone. Unlock phone, go back into the app click on stop test, and your problem should be gone.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??
    12-28-2013 11:59 AM
    Just picked up android v.4.4.2. Lightflow lite is working on LG G2 after uninstall and reinstall. However, can't find where to set it up for multiple notifications so that it cycles through all chosen colors. It just flashes whatever the first one is and then the next only after you clear initial notification. Any answers???
    04-23-2014 09:21 AM
45 12