Nexus 5 failing to show up in ADB/recovery

DSWR

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey, Everyone.

This is like my last resort, I've done everything, and anything I could think of, from adding lines to googles USBdrivers "android-winusb.inf" to threatening to throw my phone at a wall, no avail. Finally managed to get the drivers installed for "Nexus 5" and "Android Composite ADB Interface", but the second my phone goes into boot loader, or recovery, "AOSP on hammerhead" shows up instead, and the other two pieces of "hardware" disappear from device manager. Trying to install the same files as before won't show up, even if I select the path directly to it, playing with some files get's me to encountering an error trying to install it" then mentions something to do with a hash??

Totally clueless, all I want to do is go from 4.4 to 4.4.2, haha. I tried doing the update over my phone, but when the update finally showed up, I rebooted for the install, TWRP popped up, it then installed something really quickly and then rebooted back to Android. Shows 4.4 on the system still, update is no longer showing either:\

I'll upload a screenshot, the phones showing up on ADB, then when I force it into bootloader, then go to my recovery, it disapears.. Any help is very much appreciated.

1496350_10152082472174769_1834217245_o.jpg

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a new computer and did not want to use it for this so I used my old desktop. I used wugs toolkit to put the drivers on for me. I had to to clear out a bunch of old drivers but it did the trick. Once it installed the drivers (I think it was a universal driver) my nexus was recognized and I did the sideloads in a few minutes.

Just do a computer restart when it recommends it.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

DSWR

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a new computer and did not want to use it for this so I used my old desktop. I used wugs toolkit to put the drivers on for me. I had to to clear out a bunch of old drivers but it did the trick. Once it installed the drivers (I think it was a universal driver) my nexus was recognized and I did the sideloads in a few minutes.

Just do a computer restart when it recommends it.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

You're my new best friend... Worked! Cheers:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital