Feels too warm since 4.4.2

nexusfiver

Banned
Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Used it all late afternoon/evening since I just got it and then about an hour ago updated to 4.4.2. Now it's feeling a bit too warm since the update, I'm getting worried to even use it in this state.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Used it all late afternoon/evening since I just got it and then about an hour ago updated to 4.4.2. Now it's feeling a bit too warm since the update, I'm getting worried to even use it in this state.

You used it all day, then updated it. That guy has been working like crazy, not uncommon for cell phones to get to get warm or even a little hot. If it was burning you that may be one thing, but warm? Wouldn't be concerned

nexusfiver

Banned
Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Well not exactly, I mean I was going in and out of it for like 5pm-9pm. But I mean I left it turned off for half an hour, turned it on and after it booted up it was getting warm around the upper back.

So no I've not been overusing it at all, just casual usage and when I got 4.4.2 it got a heat problem.

ludesleep

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Well not exactly, I mean I was going in and out of it for like 5pm-9pm. But I mean I left it turned off for half an hour, turned it on and after it booted up it was getting warm around the upper back.

So no I've not been overusing it at all, just casual usage and when I got 4.4.2 it got a heat problem.
I've been experiencing the same. When I open the camera and start snapping pics it gets HOT, especially when it starts rendering the photos I take. If I take four pictures back to back and immediately swipe over to gallery, it takes several seconds for the pics to render.

nexusfiver

Banned
Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been experiencing the same. When I open the camera and start snapping pics it gets HOT, especially when it starts rendering the photos I take. If I take four pictures back to back and immediately swipe over to gallery, it takes several seconds for the pics to render.

I've been noticing this mostly through media (videos, music) and having lots of apps open.