How can you.effectively run two Skype's at your nice?

nexusfiver

Banned
Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I want to be logged into personal and business Skype at the same time but I don't see any simple way to do it. I don't want to install third party apps like im+.

On my PC I created a shortcut/copy of the Skype.exe to run as many as I want at once. Is there a way to do this on a nexus like copying the app somehow?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean you want to have multiple accounts on the same app or do you want to have two of the same app opened?

Posted via Android Central App

nexusfiver

Banned
Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean you want to have multiple accounts on the same app or do you want to have two of the same app opened?

Posted via Android Central App

Either way it doesn't matter much, just an effective way to be able to talk and get messages from 2+ skype accounts at once on my phone.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
You run skype and IM+ pro for your second skype account. That's the only way. With IM+ you will get only messages and you have to purchase skype service Inside the app.

korbeille

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, of course, it is perfectly possible to run Skype with two different accounts on Android. Well, actually not exactly in the same time, but the solution is good enough for me... Note: Rooted phone is needed as well as 400 MB of free internal memory.

1. Install "SwitchMe Multiple Accounts"
2. Let the default profile as it is, in which you will run your normal Skype account (business or private)
3. Create a new profile, and switch into.
4. The phone will reboot and will seems to be reseted in its original state. Here you will be able to install any application, data, etc, including a new Skype which will not interfer with the other Skype account.

To go from one Skype to another, you will only need to switch the profiles...

lennie524

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I tried IM+ but skype does not appear to be an option? Has it been removed since this suggestion was posted?
I also tried SwitchMe Multiple Accounts but receive the superuser error. I'm assuming this has something to do with not being a rooted phone but I don't know what that means.
Are they any step by step user guides that can be shared to set up two instances of skype for Android please?

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
make another account on your Nexus, register the with a different email....BOOM,"simples", two different skypes, one phone. I do this for CoC