Nexus 5 , alarm clock

R8J8D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi this is an irretation ...
I live in a country where the first day of the week is Sunday , when I set an alarm in the repeat section Sunday
appears on the lefthand side of the screen , where it should be , however after I have set the alarm Sunday appears the righthand side ...

UP-DATE:
A calendar which has Sunday as the first day of the week , has it on the lefthand side ;
Sunday Monday Tuesday etc ... In the alarm menu there is the option to repeat the alarm ,
in this menu the days appear Sunday Monday Tuesday etc ...
However once I have finished selecting the days and save the alarm , the days appear as such
Monday Tuesday Wednesday ... Sunday ...

If this did not matter to me I would not mention it , I need to wake up very early
for work and I am not always confident that all is set as required .
P.S. I don't know how to do a screen shot on the Nexus 5 .

Last edited:

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't quite understand what you mean. Could you please give me a few more details, or provide a screenshot?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
P.S. I don't know how to do a screen shot on the Nexus 5 .

Press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously; if you get it right, you will hear a tone and see an animation of the captured image dropping into your Gallery.

As to the other, if you feel that it is a valid user interface issue you can always report to Google's Android team. Go to https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/list

R8J8D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you
Screenshot_2013-12-13-19-00-43.jpg
Screenshot_2013-12-13-19-00-39.jpg

As you can see , in the first picture Sunday is on the left side where it should be ( this is whilst setting the alarm ) , as I have set my cell up according to location etc. And on the second picture Sunday is on the right side ... after I have set the alarm and saved it .

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
My experiment with the alarm clock confirms the same thing. I suspect it is NOT a bug, but a design decision to show Sunday after Saturday, since for many this is the weekend.

The good news is that alarm clocks are, possibly, the most prolific type of app available. If one does not like the one that comes preloaded on the phone, there are many others to choose from.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
As long as the phone identifies the correct date the alarm should work on any day its set regardless of the sequence of the days being displayed in the alarm app.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tested the Alarm clock to make sure it works correctly when you set it to Sunday? Give it a try and see what happens. If it does, then there's no issue aside from the annoyance that it's not consistently displayed in order.

R8J8D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen , if this was not a hassle for me I would not have mentioned it !
Secondly the alarm works fine ...
If Google could put a small " ring " inside the Settings App they could attend to this " bug " ...
And yes I am seriously committed to stock ...

P.S. I am finding it more and more difficult to " show off " my NEXUS 5 ...
My biggest complaint , and I have not heard anyone else say anything , is the screen for an in-coming call...
It is absolutely shocking and an embarrassment to Nexus , LG and Google ...
The screen brightness is so low and the lay out is so bad that I find it very difficult to see who is calling me , especially
when outside , on the other hand the screen brightness when I am using the phone is great .

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I would take a guess that it show a rolling 7 days of alarms...so since you set the alarm after the current Sunday it shows the next one coming up in chronological order. As the week progresses it should move over towards the left side of the list.

Posted via Android Central App

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, hate to say it but this is really a non-issue. I know it's annoying to you, but it's not affecting functionality and isn't a problem for most people in the world. There's really nothing any of us can do to help you, as this really boils down to you just not liking the way the information is displayed. Feel free to contact Android's support team if you so wish, but you're going to have to just deal with it or find a third party app.

R8J8D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, hate to say it but this is really a non-issue. I know it's annoying to you, but it's not affecting functionality and isn't a problem for most people in the world. There's really nothing any of us can do to help you, as this really boils down to you just not liking the way the information is displayed. Feel free to contact Android's support team if you so wish, but you're going to have to just deal with it or find a third party app.
I agree with you and have placed a post in their forums ...

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
This is the great thing about an Android Smartphone ... a 1000 people can use the same cellphone
according to their individual needs and personality !

Yes, it does seem like android is best suited for those who like to tailor their experience to best match the individual needs and personality. That is why I was much surprised by your priorities to avoid venturing out into apps beyond those that are stock. I always thought that those willing and interested in living within the confines of the manufacturers configuration tended to be attracted to that "evil fruit company". I always thought the majority of android users were those willing to tinker and do things their own ways. I guess I was wrong. Android attracts everyone, apparently.

Cool!