How to delete auto backup album from gallery

bazza14

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Terrible app but here is how I did it. I only want to delete some auto saved photos not all. Go to goggle+ and delete the photos you don't want. On the phone goto applications manager (make sure you are looking at all applications not just the downloaded ones) find Gallery and delete the cache. The photos will be gone but unfortunately the place holders will still be there so you will see a load of gray tiles where the deleted photos would have been. Clearly the notion that users might want to delete stuff did not occur to the developer so the app is trying to display photos that no longer exist. Note - delete them in google plus before deleting the cache.

Dinesh Mehta

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
How do you remove photos from the "Auto Backup" Folder?
Step One: Unsync Google Photos from the Hudl:

Tap 'All applications' and go to 'Settings'.
Under 'Accounts' select 'Google'.
Tap on your Google account.
Scroll to 'Google Photos' and uncheck the option.
Step Two:After you have de-selected the sync:

Tap 'All applications' and go to 'Settings'.
Under 'Devices' select 'Apps'.
Swipe across until 'All' are shown.
Select 'Gallery'.
Tap 'Clear Data' and 'Clear Cache'
The photos will still be saved in your Google account, to permanently remove these:

Go to Google.com and sign in.
Click on the 'Apps' icon at the top of the page, select 'More' and then 'Photos'.
Click 'Photos' from the options at the top of the screen.
Select all the photos you would like to permanently delete.
Select 'Delete'.
The items will then be moved to the Trash.

cled3294

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I did this and sent the photos I wanted to keep to a friends email, but I didn't have to it only deleted the auto backup file. that's feels good because I am as ignorant as they come when it comes to the computer. hell, even my phone is antiquated but it works for me.

Rhovelyn Garcia

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello I need help because when I play,I put my phone beside our bench and bench is beside in gate and after a few minute i go to play with my friends and my phone is missing or I think it got steal but my photos and videos in gallery is not deleted and actually contacts. I changed my fb password because it's logged in. Please help me to delete photos in my missing phone.

Aleeze Jutt

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
go to setting , click application manager, select all, then gallery and clear data & cache then go to G+ account and turn of auto backup photos r videos :)

Victorya Jensensky

May 2, 2015
Visit site
you cold delete it from your Google:) then go into phone settings and go to apps then gallery then clear data and it will only delete the auto backup photos it wont get rid of the rest.

Caren Jopia

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi there i just had the same headache like yours but i am relieved coz i solved it so fast. Just yesterday i reset my phone and it is set to autoback up files including photos. And as i checked on my gallery, i saw an unwanted photo i tried to delete it many times in many ways but its still remains the same. So here is how i deleted autoback up photos on my gallery (using Samsung S4 mini) :

Go to your "gallery", then tap below screen (left side of the menu) normally use to change for settings, then you can see "content to display" tap on it and uncheck on it from the box then there you go problem SOLVED. Then now you check on your "gallery" and wear a big smile of happiness :)

Hope this will work for you!

Sincerely yours,
Caren Jopia

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995