Touchstone vs Nexus wireless charger..

El Valluco

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm a former webOS user and I loved my pre till the very end - I also loved the Touchstone inductive chargers I had at home, work and in my car. It's one of the things that attracted me to the Nexus 5, actually.

Well, I finally got my Nexus inductive charger and while it works fine, I'm a little disappointed in its lack of features...

The Touchstone functionality was better designed in that when the phone was ringing and you lifted it off the charger, it would automatically answer the phone. Also, if you were already in a call and you placed your phone on the charger (and weren't using a headset), it would automatically switch to speakerphone mode.

These were great features and it would be great to have them back.. Is there any way to enable this behavior in Android through some buried settings or something? I couldn't find anything, so thought I'd ask here...

The pre was also better about getting out of Exhibition mode once the phone was lifted off the charger. My Nexus 5 stays in Daydream mode after I lift it off the charger and I have to hit home or the back button to get out of it. Kind of annoying, it should pop out of Daydream soon as you pick it up.

Lastly, I much preferred the display angle the Touchstone used, vs laying the phone flat. Found a solution for matching that angle exactly, tho... ;)

Chargers_01.jpg

..and no, I don't have a Nexus 7, so the angle is fine.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
You can use tasker to do almost anything you want. It just takes time to figure out exactly how to set up what you want.

You said it! Tasker makes almost anything possible on your phone. There is a way to make your device unusable with Tasker though. Don't ever make a task to turn off the screen when it's on!

checkmate

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
El Valluco, you're a genius! I was debating spending out on the official Nexus charger and figured I'd make some kind of wooden stand to angle it. Since I have 2 Touchstones I used with my Pre3 I'll just stick one of those underneath!
How does the sticky bottom on the Nexus charger compare to the 'gecko foot' stuff on the Touchstone? I assumed it was similar stuff.