Not good news.....

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
AND I'm calling BS on everyone who has posted the "I'm fine with my launch date N5, it doesn't have any issues and I don't care that it's not the newest version, Google doesn't owe me anything. My phone is perfect!!!"

But... My Nexus 5 doesn't have these issues. If it did, I'd be requesting a replacement. :)

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The reason I'm here is because I started this thread yesterday after I read the article about the N5 do-over. It would not have mattered what device it was, I thought it sucked for someone to order a brand new phone and pay their hard earned money for it only to find out that it had been "improved" while their's was still on the fed-ex truck. If you don't understand why that sucks then that's your problem.

AND I'm calling BS on everyone who has posted the "I'm fine with my launch date N5, it doesn't have any issues and I don't care that it's not the newest version, Google doesn't owe me anything. My phone is perfect!!!" If you are on this forum and you bought your N5 that early then you do care that you don't have the latest and greatest Nexus 5 available. You are just trying to make yourself feel better.

Nope I don't care. My buttons and volume are both fine. If I wasn't pleased with my launch phone I would have requested a refund or replacement. I do care that you couldn't be bothered to do a simple search to see if this topic had already been posted before creating your own thread with a less informative title.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/343775-redesigned-nexus-5-a.html

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The reason I'm here is because I started this thread yesterday after I read the article about the N5 do-over. It would not have mattered what device it was, I thought it sucked for someone to order a brand new phone and pay their hard earned money for it only to find out that it had been "improved" while their's was still on the fed-ex truck. If you don't understand why that sucks then that's your problem.

AND I'm calling BS on everyone who has posted the "I'm fine with my launch date N5, it doesn't have any issues and I don't care that it's not the newest version, Google doesn't owe me anything. My phone is perfect!!!" If you are on this forum and you bought your N5 that early then you do care that you don't have the latest and greatest Nexus 5 available. You are just trying to make yourself feel better.

I knew you were just trolling and didn't have a Nexus 5. You are wrong about my Nexus 5 that is flawless with the ceramic buttons and speaker that I ordered a few minutes after the site when live on day one. The Nexus 5 is the best phone I have ever owned and a 1000 times better for me than funding the people at the evil Fruit company.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Nope I don't care. My buttons and volume are both fine. If I wasn't pleased with my launch phone I would have requested a refund or replacement. I do care that you couldn't be bothered to do a simple search to see if this topic had already been posted before creating your own thread with a less informative title.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/343775-redesigned-nexus-5-a.html

But my thread has been much more fun than that other one. Mine has exposed the Cult of the N5 early adopters.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I knew you were just trolling and didn't have a Nexus 5. You are wrong about my Nexus 5 that is flawless with the ceramic buttons and speaker that I ordered a few minutes after the site when live on day one. The Nexus 5 is the best phone I have ever owned and a 1000 times better for me than funding the people at the evil Fruit company.

Your reply is frightening. I hope you were kidding...

Roberto Flint

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I've just come off the phone to Google customer services.

My power and volume button are slightly wobbly and I'm slightly concerned that its going to get worse.

I told Google this and they offered me an exchange, but she then advised me to keep hold of my nexus 5 for a few months and I'd I feel its got worse then I can exchange as it is under warranty for a year.

I'm going to keep hold of it for a while and then probably get an exchange at some point in the near future!!!

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I own 2 nexus products. If I want to come in here as an interested user of nexus devices and chime in my 2 cents on how I feel Google is handling other products in an open discussion forum, I will. There's no rule, written or implied that I have to own this iteration of it. If that bothers you? Too bad! :) Use the ignore option, or keep bellyaching.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1

I definitely agree with this. Even if someone doesn't own a Nexus (or even an Android phone), they should feel free to join in the discussion around here. A mix of different viewpoints makes for good conversation and debates.I think Shilohcane is taking issue with a random person coming in and purposefully trying to instigate arguments between other people. If you read jaj324's posts in this thread, every one is very negative and most come off as inflammatory. Example:

Heck no I don't have a Nexus 5, I have a G2 with a real smartphone sized battery. My buttons haven't needed a do-over and neither has my speaker grill. And after all the credits at&t gave me I ended up paying $49, not $349 like you N5 "early adopters with the defective buttons and crappy speaker grill" bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I've just come off the phone to Google customer services.

My power and volume button are slightly wobbly and I'm slightly concerned that its going to get worse.

I told Google this and they offered me an exchange, but she then advised me to keep hold of my nexus 5 for a few months and I'd I feel its got worse then I can exchange as it is under warranty for a year.

I'm going to keep hold of it for a while and then probably get an exchange at some point in the near future!!!

Now that is some common sense thinking....

Who knows, by the time you're ready for an exchange they may have redesigned something else..

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I would request a replacement just in case and tell them that I wanted the new version. Who's to say that your buttons won't be loose in a few months.

I have no way to know if my buttons will fall apart in a few months. If that does happen though, I still have a long time on my warranty to get a replacement.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure which group is more cult-like. The Nexus 5 crowd or those crazy Moto X people. Anyways, it's been fun, gotta go.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Stop complaining you sound like there's nothing else matter. Ive got first production model and i even overpaid for it, no complaints!

No wonder people say "Take it easy"

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
If you continually post things to start trouble, I will hit every one of those posts for trolling. Sometimes, that means you get a vacation.

Just a reminder. Read the rules and act like you have the tiniest bit of sense.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm OK with my Nexus 5 and don't have any issues or problems with how it works for me. Granted those issues are definitely problems that need fixing, I'm not upset that I purchased the first wave of devices that got shipped out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Agree. When you are a first adapter you have to expect everything is not perfect. These improvements don't bother me.

Posted via Android Central App

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Agree. When you are a first adapter you have to expect everything is not perfect. These improvements don't bother me.

How is this being a first adopter? I don't think some of you understand what early adopter means. The Nexus 5 is not new tech. It's the latest iteration of two Nexus phones that LG has made so far, and it's only the most recent of a ton of other phones and tablets than LG has made. There's no 'early adoption' happening anywhere here. If anything, it's poor sales behavior on LG's part, and you're simply willing to take it. I don't see LG or the other OEM's pulling this kind of stuff on their own $700 flagships, because their image is at stake and it shows. I won't agree with an "early adopter" argument, but I will concede that the N5 also isn't sold as a $700 premium flagship so perhaps more hiccups are tolerated by some people. Personally I'm not really glitch tolerant of any electronic that's not sold as a "beta", whether it's $200, $400, or $700, but I guess some people are and I suppose that's why Google doesn't attempt to market the Nexus line as $700 mainstream flagship phones. When I bought my Nexus 4 I was ok with it not having LTE or a 1080p display because it was $400. Those were features though, not problems/defects.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Kit Kat is new and the phone is new and we bought it at launch (or within the first week or so). That's early and voluntary receipt of new tech.

And you don't want to admit it but the Nexus 5 is a premium phone. Look at the specs. It's every bit as good as a GS4 except for SD. I really don't see why you keep insisting the phone is sub par. We own it and love it.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If there wasn't anything wrong with the original version Google and LG wouldn't have spent the time and money to redesign and retool. Don't be ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with the first version. How do we even know these are "improvements"? Maybe it was cheaper for them to make them the new way so they went with it. Who knows. But I guarantee someone will find something to complain about with the revisions.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

You can call it whatever you want. But I can assure you that those of us who ARE happy, really can't begin to care what a G2 owner assumes we think.

Thanks for being so concerned about us Nexus 5 owners but I think we'll be okay. You can head back to you G2 worship service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes