FREE CALLING Question???

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
1. Sometimes when LTE goes off, it shows an "H" up at top instead. What does the "H" mean? I shouldn't have to change any APN settings as it all set with my T-Mobile SIM

2. What are a few good Apps that don't take up Data or at least uses minimal Data that I can make free calls? (I have T-Mobile's $30 plan with 100 Talking minutes)

3. Since this phone doesn't have a way to take out the battery, what happens down the road when the battery kinda gets bad? Is there a way T-Mobile can replace the battery themselves?

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Just got my NEXUS 5, a few QUESTIONS I need help with...

1. "H" = HSPA (a type of 4G network not as fast as LTE)

3. I don't believe T-mobile would replace the battery, you may be able to send it back to LG for a battery replacement or there may be some guides and parts available that would allow you to replace it on your own.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

I tried MagicJack but only thing is it gives weird numbers so you most likely have to make the call to someone instead of someone being able to call you.

Does any of the Google Voice, Talkatone, Groove IP use YOUR existing number or how do these work??? I just noticed on the Google store that GOOGLE VOICE uses your minutes so that one won't work for what I'm asking lol.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I tried MagicJack but only thing is it gives weird numbers so you most likely have to make the call to someone instead of someone being able to call you.

Does any of the Google Voice, Talkatone, Groove IP use YOUR existing number or how do these work??? I just noticed on the Google store that GOOGLE VOICE uses your minutes so that one won't work for what I'm asking lol.
I know Google Voice can use your current number if you are able to port it over. You'll need to check to see if you can. Regarding the other services, not sure, so hopefully someone can chime in on that.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

MagicJack works pretty well but like I said, it gives weird numbers and not your own number. I saw TONS of "Free Calling" Apps on the Google Play store so I'm hoping many people on here have experience on this and can help a brother out :p

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I use talkatone on my Galaxy Tab 3 for text messages and phone calls without any problem, but it uses your Google voice number.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I use talkatone on my Galaxy Tab 3 for text messages and phone calls without any problem, but it uses your Google voice number.

So the Google Voice number is different than my actual cell phone number I have? Just making sure I understand what you mean

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So the Google Voice number is different than my actual cell phone number I have? Just making sure I understand what you mean

When you apply for Google voice, you get a phone number.
So yes, it should be different.
In my case I got a gvoice number since the beginning of Google voice.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

1. "H" = HSPA (a type of 4G network not as fast as LTE)
It's 3G in most of the world, just US networks decided they wanted to call it 4G for marketing purposes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

It's 3G in most of the world, just US networks decided they wanted to call it 4G for marketing purposes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

That's true! 👆

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech