HELP with my Order!

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Last week I ordered my Nexus 5. I paid trough a Mastercard prepaid. As soon as I completed the purchase, Google proceeded the payment.
Today I received a mail from Google Wallet in which they tell me that they can't send me the device because the credit card has no credit.
I have immediately sent an email to Google support, and then tried to call the customer service. A recorded voice told me I can't talk to anyone.
On Google Play, the order is "closed". What is happening? I want my phone!

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
I take it you're not from the states? Is it a chip & pin prepaid Mastercard requiring a pin number to process? Call the phone number on the Mastercard and see if they allow mail orders with their card.

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I am italian. Always used this card for web purchases.
It is a chip and prepaid Mastercard, and I need to type the 3 number code on the back of the card.

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
I am italian. Always used this card for web purchases.
It is a chip and prepaid Mastercard, and I need to type the 3 number code on the back of the card.

Call the phone number on the Mastercard and ask them why it's not working. Maybe the number was compromised and they cut it off.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with palandri. Contact the company and see what's going on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Update: customer care said they processed a second request because they can 'freeze' the money only for 7 days. After a week they can only gain the money or issue back. Nexus 5 is still not available, so they procedeed with a new request. Being a prepaid it was rejected.
Now I have to wait for the money to be available again on my credit card, and once the Nexus will be available in "1-2 days" make a new order.
Decided to buy a 32gb, currently available. Hope it will be available when I get the money (10-20 days).

Sent from my Vodafone 875 using AC Forums mobile app

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Ah, that makes more sense. When you order they put a hold on the funds but do not actually charge the card until they ship it. Credit cards work that way as well. After 7 days if the merchant has not completed the transaction it simply drops off on a credit card. Guess your bank doesn't quite work that fast and left the hold on longer than 7 days.

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Money available today.ordered 32gb. Should leave tomorrow, hope to receive before Christmas.

Sent from my Vodafone 875 using AC Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member