Google Play Music Voice Search Not Working

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 5. I had this exact same problem with the Moto X I had, which I returned last week.

I cannot Voice Commands to play music that is not stored on my device.

For example, when I say "Ok Google, Listen to Van Halen" I get the response "Playing Van Halen". A box with picture of Van Halen then comes up, a blue progress bar moves from left to right. The Google Play Music icon (the headphones icon) is in the bottom left corner of that box. When the progress bar gets all the way to the right I get a "No Results Found" message and the Google Play Music Settings comes up.

Van Halen is in my library. When I had this issue with my Moto X, the issue went away once I manually put the music on my device. However, I don't want the music on my device because of the limited storage.

Where am I going wrong?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't gotten it to work but I think because I haven't set a default player yet which sounds a lot different from your case. In my case a player never appears, Google just finds me the song or artist in the play store or in a Google search.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I did some additional testing. I can get it to work (most of the time) by asking it to play or listen to the song name.

Asking by artist, for every artist I've tried so far, still results in "no results found".

Google needs to work on this. Siri has this feature down.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I did some additional testing. I can get it to work (most of the time) by asking it to play or listen to the song name.

Asking by artist, for every artist I've tried so far, still results in "no results found".

Google needs to work on this. Siri has this feature down.

Which player do you use and is it the default player?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2