Best call recorder app that works with Nexus 5 ?

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My tascam (that I used with a landline) finally broke and so I thought I'd try out recording some calls via my N5.

Are there certain call recording apps that work really well on the N5? From skimming some of the available apps in the Play store, it sounds like some don't work with certain devices (i.e. "Call Recorder" supposedly doesn't work with the N4).

I don't need many frills, but I'd prefer an app that:
- is able to level the volume on both sides of the call pretty well
- creates files I can easily use/edit elsewhere

thanks,

canucks4life

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: best call recorder app that works with Nexus 5 ?

I use Smart Voice Recorder and works very well on my N5...has 6 different sample quality rates...don't think it is free but not much.

Sorry I misread your post it is not a phone call recorder.

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Sorry I misread your post it is not a phone call recorder.

Yup, looking for a call recorder. I have Smart Voice Recorder and it can kinda take okay phone recordings if you use speakerphone and are in a quiet place. But it's not built to be a call recorder.

fredphoesh

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Hell guys,
I have just installed this to my rooted N5 and it works very well... clear, proper line recording... not speakerphone recording like ALL the other ones I have tried.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....globaleffect.callrecord&hl=en&token=Bw64roI7

It is also well worth it to spend a bit to support the dev too, so once you test to see if the free version works on your phone, buy the not-free one!!

Mark.

Babasally1st

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Does that work on un-rooted N5?

Apparently it doesn't - per developer site:

"On the Nexus series and some overseas models manufacturer chipsets, the recording function may not be available "

Did someone actually tried it on Nexus 5?

Thnx!

stipejc

May 24, 2014
Visit site

It is really easy to record phone calls on your smartphone, esspecially with Automatic Call Recorder.
0oRrm1e.jpg

I have tried several call recorder applications and they all claim to do flawless recording experience but I have discovered one application that really fulfill all my needs and more. This application is Automatic Call Recorder and you can find it for free on google play market via this link : https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.globaleffect.callrecord&token=NlKl52Us
It really does its job perfect with several key options like sync recordings with one drive, dropbox or google drive. There are several option you can adjust in setting for your type of phone. I personally use Galaxy S4 and default setting was good enough for me. The sound quality is excellent with both sides. There is also option to store every call after hang up or you can choose by yourself which one to keep. The price of 4,65 $ for this kind of application and all its features is reasonable. If you do not want to pay this amount of money just because someone gave it good review you can try it within 2 weeks trial period. I hope this is all enough for everyone to at least try this really great application. You will not regret it, that is for sure.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

The reviews on GPS don't match yours, paid version or not.

BTW... welcome to the site.

daladurango

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site

ACR worked flawless on my LG G2, but is not working on my Nexus 5 except through the microphone.

Yash Agarwal2

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Dear All,
I would like to tell you all that Automatic Call Recorder is a waist of money like i did there are many bugs in this software and after so many complaints developer have failed to fix these errors. Here is error you will face:
You have to activate your premium version on every second day or every time you update this software you will never know when you paid software become unpaid free version.
It works wonderful but when you need some important conversation recording you'll come to know that the call was not recorded because the app was not activated and then you bang your head on wall and say WHAT THE F**K.
Guy's dont buy this app its waist of money.

arya77670

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

I am using Total recall call recorder on my nexus 5, working smoothly. you can try it from play store.

ronandrew

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

i am facing same issue sometimes but i rooted my nexus5 and than after work perfect, you also try it..

Last edited:

ramesh mahra

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
ajj tak asa koi call recorder app nahi bana jo rooted or unrooted nexus 5 main chal jaye. i already try all app one by one. its a big drawback of all nexus mobile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks