Nexus 5 and AT&T iPhone 5 LTE plan

brett_f

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I've searched and haven't found the answer to this.. sorry if it has been asked. Currently I have a Nexus 4 and an iPhone 5. I am able to swap my SIM card (using an adapter on the N4) between the two phones and it works great. (My profession requires me to sometimes test "stuff" on the iPhone, but my N4 is my daily driver).

So anyway, on my iPhone 5 I get LTE data, and on the N4 I get HSPA+. I'm planning to purchase the N5 and I would like to continue the same swapping ability, but get LTE on both phones.

Is it possible to leave my plan with AT&T set to iPhone unlimited LTE data, but use my nano SIM with an adapter in the N5 and still get LTE data?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide. :)

Eternal 28

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have an iPhone 5 and just recently got a Nexus 5 and I used a micro sim adapter and the Data plan for iPhone 4G LTE works perfect. There is no need to change data plans.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
SIM and plans are completely different, you can get new ones and swap old ones without changing anything - that is until you go to or from an iPhone. The AT&T stores are supposed to just hand you a new SIM. Since its a non iPhone device they will just have you switch over to the non-iPhone LTE unlimited plan.

(edit) Apparently I can't read as I completely missed your real question. To my knowledge non-iPhone devices cannot get LTE on an iPhone LTE plan, no matter what SIM you are using. I could be wrong though. It wouldn't hurt to go in and ask a rep. An adapter should work just fine for the Nexus.

(edit 2) Guess I got beat out while typing out my answer. Also was apparently mistaken. Don't listen to me ;-).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

brett_f

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have an iPhone 5 and just recently got a Nexus 5 and I used a micro sim adapter and the Data plan for iPhone 4G LTE works perfect. There is no need to change data plans.

Thanks Eternal... did you have to monkey with APN's or did the N5 work fine "out of the box"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21