Front facing Camera Option Disappeared

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I do tons of hangouts with my family and I noticed that I cant select the front camera anymore, just the rear or no camera. Today I looked into it a little further and now I dont have the front camera option within the camera application. It was there like 2 or 3 days ago. Anyone else have this problem I am on 4.4.2 for about a week now so I am not 100% sure it was that broke the front camera. Any advice before I have to wipe??

Hmmm. About a week ago while my camera app was open, the camera icon (to take pic) had disappeared. Very strange I thought. I was thinking it was because my battery was hovering around 20%. But after charging it, the icon was still missing. Then, a day later, it returned. No reboot or anything special.

Johara Mansura

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Uhm. This might seem /too/ simple compared to other responses here, but worked for me! All I had to do was press the menu button, edit shortcuts and put the icon back. Somehow it seemed to have disappeared, but all good now. Hope this helps!

droidwoman

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No, this has to do with updates. Somehow the software updates pushed by the network corrupted the front facing icon app and blew it away.

This is a known problem for a couple of years now. Unfortunately, VZ Wireless confirmed the icon/app is not backward compatible, so the only options are:

1) To wait for Motorola to fix it. When? Hopefully within a couple of weeks or who knows when? Contact Motorola

2) Trade in your Droid for a refurb BUT the refurb is susceptible to this same problem as subsequent software pushes probably will corrupt and destroy the icon at some point in time.

Best advice is to live w/o the front face option until Motorola fixes it.

Sucks

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No, this has to do with updates. Somehow the software updates pushed by the network corrupted the front facing icon app and blew it away.

This is a known problem for a couple of years now. Unfortunately, VZ Wireless confirmed the icon/app is not backward compatible, so the only options are:

1) To wait for Motorola to fix it. When? Hopefully within a couple of weeks or who knows when? Contact Motorola

2) Trade in your Droid for a refurb BUT the refurb is susceptible to this same problem as subsequent software pushes probably will corrupt and destroy the icon at some point in time.

Best advice is to live w/o the front face option until Motorola fixes it.

Sucks
Except this is for the Nexus 5...

I'd try rolling back updates to the camera and seeing if that helps. If that does, try updating again and see if it breaks it again.

VINOTH BABU

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Hai,

I am facing the same problem in my new M note 4g. Front camera icon disappears in second when the camera mode on. After a second the icon disappears. Have you found to fix it / solution. Please advice.

Vinoth Babu

Kerry C

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
As a workaround- I have found that if I go into my camera icon, switch my camera to the video option from that screen, then I get to switch the camera in that screen from front facing to/from rear facing, and then when I switch back to camera mode, it stays in whichever mode I left it in when I switched back.

I don't know how to fix this overall, but going into video mode lets me change which camera is being used.

Good luck!

Kevin Dunaway

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Well....it seems there was an update that corrupted the camera. I haven't found a fix but only a workaround. As the person previous stated, slide to your video and the reverse option will appear. Select the reverse, then slide back to the camera and....tada! To return the camera back to the opposite way, perform the steps again. Stupid....I know....but it is only a workaround until another update is sent.

Jake Kim1

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I had a same problem and wanted to solve this problem without send my phone to LG facility.
I guessed it was kernel problem, so I flashed another kernel like elementalX. And it worked perfectly fine.

John willow

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Don't waste your time clearing your cache, etc. The problem was caused by a Google software update. LG can flash your system to restore it. If you didn't do the update, I think the system somehow deteriorated and you need to reload it anyway.

nadeem stubbs

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
hey whatsapp guys..I'm here
to solve ..anyway its pretty
simple lemme get straight to
the point..
wat you gotta do is:
while your phone is ""on""
-remove memory card and..
-remove sim card (only if you
sim is external or on a side
slot) then..
-switch off your phone
completely and wait for about
5 mins..
-the moment the phone
switches back on..quickly go
to your camera option and
click on it..
(you have to be quick after its
back on so that the phone
gets confused with your quick
moving and has no option but
to bring the front camera
back or watever it maybe
..and if you have any other
similar issues ..please just do
this same process again and
it will work )..
I'm not a technical phone man
..but I'm really good when it
come to any tech..
cheers guys if I have been of
help ..let me know..

Lex diocancil

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I already got the answer to this problem all you need to do is go to settings/ then system/ then choose about phone/ and then choose software update service and continue to update your cellphone and wait for a minute. after all if your cellphone stock up try to move out the battery and put it back then switch on...... thats all