ROOT Question!

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey there, so I'm trying to ROOT my phone right now and I've tried using WugFresh's toolkit, and even mskips. On WugFresh it lets me install the drivers and such but when I click on "Unlock" it says no device found for ADB or something like that, and it wont let me continue, I even uninstalled ALL the drivers suggested and it still wouldn't work. I also tried the full driver installation guide, it didn't work as well. Wouldn't let me test the drivers even after reboot of pc. Mskips only has support for Android 4.4.0 as far as I could find, so I didn't know if it would still work even though I'm on 4.4.2...? Probably not? Please get back to me!

:(

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Don't auto root, go to nexus 4 root.com down load their root kit, go download a nexus 5 recovery like twrp, and get your hands dirty. Plus it works everytime, on ANY nexus device

Nexus 5 4.4.2
Got sideload?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you're not I'm adb mode on your phone. Make sure you boot there first then unlock. Same thing I experience before and then was like "duh".

Posted via Android Central App

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My problems were drivers. It was a 3 hour nightmare trying to get the drivers to install and have adb pick up my Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used both Skipsoft and Wug... and I must say Wug was the easiest root I've ever done. When you connect your phone to your computer, you should see a dialog box pop up on your phone asking to allow ADB, you will only see this if you've enabled usb debugging in developer options. Once you see this box pop up, your problems will be solved. May try using different USB ports.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
One common problem I had was updating the SDK. Make sure you run everything in admin mode.

Right-click on the executables, select "compatibility" and check "run as administrator".

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend manually rooting it using the above guide or another one. For me, it was faster than using Wugfresh toolkit.

PS: This was the first time I ever rooted. It wasn't that bad of an experience.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My problems were drivers. It was a 3 hour nightmare trying to get the drivers to install and have adb pick up my Nexus 5.

That's probably the biggest issue a lot of people run into when trying to do things via adb. The nuisance of having to install and have working drivers has been discussed many times on the AC Podcast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781