iPhone users not receiving my MMS

rusmannx

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
From within hangouts, I can take a picture and send it as MMS but my friends/family who use an iPhone do not receive it. If I forward a picture (that I received via MMS) to someone with an iPhone they do not receive the picture.

From within hangouts I can select a picture from the gallery and send an MMS and the iPhone user WILL receive the picture.

I just had a friend of mine who also has the Nexus 5 try the same three scenarios and he had the exact same results. Any thoughts?

rusmannx

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:

So about three hours have passed since I sent the pictures, and I guess they have finally arrived on the iPhone. I have no idea why it should take that long.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what the cause is. But I'd suspect it's probably an issue with iMessage, rather than Hangouts or the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
ANOTHER UPDATE:

One of my friends just got a picture I text him 7 hours ago. Brilliant.

How fast are non iPhone users receiving mms? Do you know if the issue is beyond your friends with iPhones?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

rws381

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having similar issues. Some go through instantly and some take hours.

Mostly all of the delays seem to be sending to Verizon iPhones but I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason for the delays. They seem to be completely random.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had horrible MMS issues yesterday as well. Group texts were delayed by hours. Some of my MMS sent to a Verizon Moto X were not received. 1 MMS sent to an iPhone on AT&T was not received, but another one to my other friend with an iPhone on AT&T was received instantly. I never received an MMS from 1 iPhone on AT&T. I'm on T-Mobile.

This has never been a problem before (that I know of). Perhaps the servers were just working overtime during Christmas?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
From within hangouts, I can take a picture and send it as MMS but my friends/family who use an iPhone do not receive it. If I forward a picture (that I received via MMS) to someone with an iPhone they do not receive the picture.

From within hangouts I can select a picture from the gallery and send an MMS and the iPhone user WILL receive the picture.

I just had a friend of mine who also has the Nexus 5 try the same three scenarios and he had the exact same results. Any thoughts?

Network based, not device based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair