A few questions concerning Nexus 5

firstgentleman

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody. I wish to ask three questions about the Nexus 5, which I bought a couple of weeks ago and am in love with! ;)

Q1) How can I directly transfer documents (e.g. pdf., docx., pptx.) from my Windows 7 PC into Nexus 5 so that I can read them on the go? I tried doing it by myself by putting documents in the Nexus 5's base folder, but they did not appear in the QuickOffice of my phone. I did some searching for the solution and I noticed that an option called "Internal Storage" is missing among the "Open from" choices in the QuickOffice app of my phone. The only selections available in the "Open from" list are "Recent", "Drive", and "Downloads". Thus, for the past few weeks, I was only able to read documents on my phone that are downloaded, or are in my Google Drive. I therefore would definitely love to be able to just simply and intuitively directly transfer documents from my PC to my phone before I leave home so I can read them on the go.

Q2) Is it possible for me to rename a playlist without deleting it and re-creating it with a new name?

Q3) Is it possible for me to delete songs in my Nexus 5 without connecting it to computer first and deleting them using it?

Thanks a lot for answering! Merry Christmas!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
1) You could upload the docs from pc to drive and then download onto your phone. Or connect the phone to pc using a file explorer..

2) Can't remember the question. o_O

3) With ES File Explorer you can do this and lots of things to your files. 😸

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

camanokid

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
My file manager of choice is X-Plore ... a good one!
Using your LAN for transfer...PC folders must be set for "sharing".
Another option is Bluetooth transfer...but slower.
Dropbox or G Drive.
Direct connect with a USB cable is the fastest.